192.168.88.1 does not respond

• Administrators

Please connect via an Ethernet cable from your PC to the R1. Turn off WiFi on your PC. 

Can you connect now?

If not, did you change the LAN IP of your R1? Have you done anything else to the R1 recently (e.g. upgraded then downgraded etc)?

When I connect to only the router it tells me that the ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I did recently update to the latest dumaOS beta, but I was unable to login to to the interface website as I forgot my password. After which I had to factory reset the router. Thats when the problem began.

Edited by MixedNibba
Adding info

• Administrators

Can you see Netduma R1 when you search for WiFi? The wireless password defaults to 'netdumar1' after a reset, so try this to connect.

If you connect your PC to the router (either wired or wireless), could you do this please:

1. Open your Windows Start Menu

2. Type in cmd and press enter

3. In the black window that opens, type in ipconfig  and press enter

4. Take a screenshot or a photo of the results that appear and post on this forum

If it's easier take a video of you doing this, upload to dropbox and post the video here.

please do as above type cmd in search box in task bar and when command prompt opens type ipconfig and hit enter. That will give you your default gateway and also show your pc's ip address. To obtain a new ip address type ipconfig /release and hit enter then ipconfig /renew and you will get a new ip address.