CONNECTION PROBS AFTER UPDATE

Kurse007

hey guys ever since upgrading to dumaos on my R1 im having problems connecting to a person with windstream internet like a mile from my house. says because of NAT type. Mines moderate. but type 2 moderate in CODBO4. any ideas how to get this to open or how to add him in the interface so i can play with him? hes not far or anything. thanks

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Kurse007 said:

hey guys ever since upgrading to dumaos on my R1 im having problems connecting to a person with windstream internet like a mile from my house. says because of NAT type. Mines moderate. but type 2 moderate in CODBO4. any ideas how to get this to open or how to add him in the interface so i can play with him? hes not far or anything. thanks

If your NAT is moderate on the console, make sure you have UPnP enabled. If it's still moderate after rebooting the console, you may need to add your R1 to the DMZ of your Modem. (To do this, copy your R1 WAN IP address found on the Device Manager. Then follow the link found there to your Modem interface, navigate to its security settings and paste your WAN IP into the DMZ box).

You can add your friend by inviting him to a private lobby. Then you should see him on the map and be able to allow him (by clicking 'Allow' on DumaOS)

• 2 weeks later...

I joined him and nothing pops up on any map. On the geo? Nothing ever shows up on the geo but the circle I place

Also did DMZ still moderate

This is honestly rediculous to have to do all this to join someone with this router. Esp. When it is a proximity based equipment to keep your host close and I cant play with people down the street

• Administrators

Hi Kurse, I think the issue probably isn't to do with NAT, I imagine if you disable the Geo-Filter you're able to connect to them without any issues? 

Please try this:

• Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  • Hard turn off the game/console
  • Flush the cloud
  • Add the device to the Geo-Filter
  • Set up your Geo-Filter settings
  • Boot up the console/game
  • You should see all the servers on the map during the game bootup to the main menu, if not then it won't work properly
  • If it does then add friend to lobby and add them just in case and should work