Bandwidth issues

D3mon1c

Before when I wanted to watch twitch I could watch any quality of it I wanted but now if I go above 360p it buffers every few seconds just to load whats happening live when before I never had this problem till the OS. 150/5 is my download/upload speed looking for a quick fix cause I like to watch videos in high quality & I imagine that if im having this much trouble on twitch I might be having trouble on youtube as well.

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

Before when I wanted to watch twitch I could watch any quality of it I wanted but now if I go above 360p it buffers every few seconds just to load whats happening live when before I never had this problem till the OS. 150/5 is my download/upload speed looking for a quick fix cause I like to watch videos in high quality & I imagine that if im having this much trouble on twitch I might be having trouble on youtube as well.

Have you set your speeds in the Anti-Bufferbloat submenu? What happens when you use 100/100 Anti-Bufferbloat with 'Always' mode selected? If you allocate more bandwidth to those streaming devices, does that help?

Yes I have but yeah I just tested my connection & im only getting up to 23 down for some reason & yeah I have never tested it til90l now & when I have it set to 100/100 I barely get close to 30 (before I have 70/90 with never ticked) also share access was ticked I also unticked it & put 100 on my laptop to test bandwidth & I get only about only to 30 Down but my upload is still at 5 

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

I just tested my connection on Xb1 & im getting 121.24 down but when I do it off speedtest it only says like 30ish 

Other people are reporting issues with speedtest.net at this time. If you run a test using DSLreports do you get your speeds?

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

No

I know it's annoying but there's a solution to the issue. First off, if you factory reset the router do your speeds return then? If they don't, follow the instructions in your upgrade email to downgrade your router. Run a speed test on the old firmware (which likely won't give you your speeds, but you never know).

After that just upgrade again. It seems like there's quite a few people who've had this initial speed issue - it just seems like a phenomenon of upgrading the R1 for the first time.

Also I wanna state this w/o going thru the trouble of making another post but every time I click network settings it gives me an error saying "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property "name" of undefined" & instead of showing the settings on the left box it just stays blank but on the right box where it says wan it allows me to mess with settings there instead is there a way to go about fixing this?

Guest Killhippie
9 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

Also I wanna state this w/o going thru the trouble of making another post but every time I click network settings it gives me an error saying "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property "name" of undefined" & instead of showing the settings on the left box it just stays blank but on the right box where it says wan it allows me to mess with settings there instead is there a way to go about fixing this?

Factory reset the router. That will sort out a lot of issues.

• Administrators

How are you connecting to it Demon? e.g wired or wireless?

Make sure you type in the ip address without any extras afterwards so it's just 192.168.88.1

Thanks