The FPS Controller? Is there a better option?

Dillinger

Splitfish Shark / Frag controller system.

1) - This thing works pretty damn good for as easy as it was to set up and use.  I have a XIM 4, and even setting that up was a chore.  This was a (3) part plug and play device that didn't need much tuning at all if I am honest.

2) - Muscle memory was pretty good.  The basic layout of the Splitfish "mouse" keeps your thumb near their their replicated version of the (4) XB controller buttons.  Reaching "Y" was a stretch, and I have large hands, but it was manageable.

3) - The nun-chuck device takes some getting used to using, but it was WAY easier to pick up coming from a thumb-stick gaming habit to using "other".  I tried the XIM 4 with a couple of keyboard devices for gamers and I personally like it.  I used to play keyboard a hundred years ago, but now I like the familiar "feel" of a grip and a thumb-stick.

That is going to end my review, on purpose.  I won't be offering much more commentary on the device as, having used it, I do feel it's OP and does not benefit the community.

Thanks for the reviews on the controllers Dillinger.Still haven't pulled the trigger on BB as they don't have the aluminum sticks in the domed version on PS4,which means I'd have to throw KF's on them which might make them too tall.

• 2 months later...

I find the Battle Beaver Custom controllers to be far superior.. I've actually had both my Scuf DS4 controllers converted and had a BBC built from scratch.. from the stick tenstion and smart triggers, to just a better feel with the back button placement vs the Scuf paddles.. I still have my SharQ controller as well and no plans on converting it. The Fins/paddles they use are better positioned than scuf.. still might send in the BBC and have the stick tension and smart triggers added.. BBC in my mind has the best product and with the best customer service on the market at this time, atleast for custom controllers..

I have been following the discussion here with a great deal of interest.  Like Dillinger I have hand problems - arthritis and as a result my Cinch controller is a little more difficult to use than I would like.  I have been considering ordering a XIM4 with a Logitech 700s mouse and G13 game pad.  I like the idea of having an analog stick.  I would welcome any suggestions or comments from you all...

I looked at the BB but don't think it will help with my hands as my right thumb is a problem and my left trigger finger has lost a lot of strength and range of motion.  A full keyboard doesn't appeal to me as well.  I had pre-ordered the new MS Elite but am considering cancelling the order as I think it will be the same feel as the Cinch I have.

Thanks,

DB

Use whatever makes you happy, I wouldn't worry about what is considered cheating or whatever, people call us cheaters for using a Netduma because we have an advantage... :|

I never worry about the small stuff, people who play Forza or Gran Turismo/DriveClub use steering wheels, I use a controller, when/if they beat me I just let it be, they paid more for their input devices which obviously put them in an advantage...

If you have hand issues, use whatever will help you have fun gaming.

I'm only really opposed to those rapid fire and zero recoil modded controllers that you see some asshats use in COD.

I have been following the discussion here with a great deal of interest.  Like Dillinger I have hand problems - arthritis and as a result my Cinch controller is a little more difficult to use than I would like.  I have been considering ordering a XIM4 with a Logitech 700s mouse and G13 game pad.  I like the idea of having an analog stick.  I would welcome any suggestions or comments from you all...

I looked at the BB but don't think it will help with my hands as my right thumb is a problem and my left trigger finger has lost a lot of strength and range of motion.  A full keyboard doesn't appeal to me as well.  I had pre-ordered the new MS Elite but am considering cancelling the order as I think it will be the same feel as the Cinch I have.

Thanks,

DB

Hey DB - If you are interested in a complete XIM package, with what I think is the same G13 game pad, I believe I have it all just sitting.  Be happy to take a pic and send it over for a trial one for you if you are interested, but still unsure.

Archived