Possible messed up my R1

dpk_ydv

Hello guys,

I've landed in some kind of trouble with my R1. I had this beta OS installed and running, but realized I would need the ping assist anyways, so I started the procedure of reinstalling 1.0.3.6j, but the update still shows to be in progress (been more then few hours), and '404 not found' greets me on typing 192.168.88.1. Also the internet is working, and I still haven't plugged the router.  Kindly help me resolve this.

Edited by dpk_ydv

Thank you Fraser, that worked.

I would like to point out that for Black Ops 4, the Singapore and Middle East servers are showing as Peers. I am assuming that the numbers in the 'network version' suffixed by 'E' means a dedicated server, like in black ops 3.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

Thank you Fraser, that worked.

I would like to point out that for Black Ops 4, the Singapore and Middle East servers are showing as Peers. I am assuming that the numbers in the 'network version' suffixed by 'E' means a dedicated server, like in black ops 3.

We're systematically going through them now to check their validity, will make a post with instructions for people to help us with this also. Yes thats my understanding as well.

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, dpk_ydv said:

Great, just a quick update, singapore server is showing as normal since the last 2 days, although the middle east server is not visible . 

Thanks for letting us know - we're aware of the Middle East servers being either mis-located or behaving strangely so we're checking it out. Keep us posted!

I can confirm the location of Middle East server in the Geo Filter is to the west of Gulf of Guinea in the South Atlantic ocean. I've noted the ID's as 991f4c17bc387f84, 991f3b06bc387f84 and

991f531ebc387f84 so far, even the icon is that of a peer, and not a dedicated server. On setting my radius on middle east with strict mode, I end up in P2P connection, but on setting it to west of GoG in South Atlantic ocean on strict mode, I always connect to the dedicated server.

Could you please shed some light as to why the actual ping to the server is far lesser than the in game reported ping to the same server?

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, dpk_ydv said:

I can confirm the location of Middle East server in the Geo Filter is to the west of Gulf of Guinea in the South Atlantic ocean. I've noted the ID's as 991f4c17bc387f84, 991f3b06bc387f84 and

991f531ebc387f84 so far, even the icon is that of a peer, and not a dedicated server. On setting my radius on middle east with strict mode, I end up in P2P connection, but on setting it to west of GoG in South Atlantic ocean on strict mode, I always connect to the dedicated server.

Could you please shed some light as to why the actual ping to the server is far lesser than the in game reported ping to the same server?

If you could put that here: 

in the correct format that would be really helpful. They calculate things like processing delay etc into that ping. Every game does it and will differ from game to game. The router cannot determine this. It can only get a ping from you to the server. So the same still applies, the lower the better.