• Administrators

Hi Jean - our Hybrid VPN feature will be launched very soon which allows you to apply any OpenVPN config file to your router. I don’t have an exact ETA but it’s going through final testing so it shouldn’t be long. There’s no way to do it on the current firmware.

Netduma Admin,

in testing, can you confirm if when you NEW VPN Hybrid system is in use (within the router), we will still be able to remote onto the router externally from the www ?

previously , on older netgear routers I was never able to connect to my home router running a VPN and could not access my CCTV system or any internal networked computers running Teamviewer , even with "use a Dynamic DNS service" facility enabled & configured correctly ?

thanks

• Administrators

Netduma Admin,

in testing, can you confirm if when you NEW VPN Hybrid system is in use (within the router), we will still be able to remote onto the router externally from the www ?

previously , on older netgear routers I was never able to connect to my home router running a VPN and could not access my CCTV system or any internal networked computers running Teamviewer , even with "use a Dynamic DNS service" facility enabled & configured correctly ?

thanks

Hybrid VPN is a VPN Client, not a VPN Server. So is your question if Hybrid VPN will allow you to access your home network remotely through the VPN? If so, the answer is no as it's not a VPN server.

Instead it allows you to apply a VPN to any device/port in your home, for example, you could put just your PC and consoles through a VPN and leave everything else outside of it. 

Agree the Hybrid VPN is a different thing from VPN server .. I believe you can already do this with the general release firmware:

Settings, Advanced, VPN Service:

post-30959-0-13144400-1535479427_thumb.jpg

If you can't reach some internal IPs after using their default options you may have to do manual route adds to the routing table from command prompt: route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, etc, etc, etc after you connect (you can use a batch file to add local routes)

I've done this before on some VPNs that lock/route all traffic through their gateway (sonicwalls) just make sure you give it a higher metric like 2 ..so it goes to local IP before VPN gateways.

Not sure if it will interfere when Hybrid VPN is operational though as it's not out yet to test :)

xr500user

Netduma Admin,

thanks

Hi Jean - our Hybrid VPN feature will be launched very soon which allows you to apply any OpenVPN config file to your router. I don’t have an exact ETA but it’s going through final testing so it shouldn’t be long. There’s no way to do it on the current firmware.

I just subscribed Surfshark. Is it going to be same as for NordVPN?  

On 8/28/2018 at 5:28 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Hybrid VPN is a VPN Client, not a VPN Server. So is your question if Hybrid VPN will allow you to access your home network remotely through the VPN? If so, the answer is no as it's not a VPN server.

Instead it allows you to apply a VPN to any device/port in your home, for example, you could put just your PC and consoles through a VPN and leave everything else outside of it. 

ah brilliant. so i can assign the Hybrid VPN to just a particular device, such as a MAG IPTV box , yes ?

Thats an excellent idea having it just so VPN can be assigned to certain devices and not the whole house devices.. great work Devs!!

will the Hybrid VPN work with IPVANISH ?

On 8/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, Netduma Admin said:

can you guys offer any realistic release date for the Hybrid VPN....? 

...i'm literally on the edge of my seat biting my nails ! lol!!

• Administrators

I would love to, but the best I can say is it will be released when it's ready! If there's a beta for it, we'll make sure we get it out to you guys first. It may just go straight to mass roll out though as we realise a lot of people are waiting on it.

• 7 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 7:25 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Hey, Great news. I just wanted to know if it works with Ivacy VPN? Since I have purchased their lifetime VPN subscription last month, so if it can work with Ivacy, that would be a plus. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, zubiapeter said:

Hey, Great news. I just wanted to know if it works with Ivacy VPN? Since I have purchased their lifetime VPN subscription last month, so if it can work with Ivacy, that would be a plus. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We haven't specifically tested with that VPN but assuming you can obtain their OpenVPN configuration files then you can use it with the feature.