VLAN/Bridge Settings Issue

I'm having a specific issue with my purchased XR500 at current. This issue is reproducible on the stable current release firmware and the beta firmware issued by private message. My ISP requires a VLAN tag of 100 in order for it work along with a static IP address, internet is working once manually configured.

The main issue is any hardwired devices on the LAN for example my media server and/or other devices like a raspberry pi can be pinged but time out when trying to access them through a web UI. Network shares also exhibit this issue under Windows and time out not being able to connect.

I have performed full resets of the router, reboots of the media server and I am still unable to access them once I use a VLAN tag group setting of 100.

Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

Hi Ghoul - this sounds like a bug so we will try to reproduce it on Tuesday when we are back in the office. If we can’t reporduce it, we may need to access your router to look into this further.

If it is a bug we will pass it onto Netgear to find a fix. Fraser, our lead tester, will post back in this thread once he’s looked into it.

You have already given a good description but if there’s any more information you can give us to help us reproduce that’d be very helpful.

• 11 months later...