Is this router for me ?

I live in Brazil and love playing Call of Duty (the older ones are my favorites) and Battlefield.

I dont have a lot of money and if I buy one it will be more expensive because of the taxes. So I really should be careful..

I use a tp link pluged in the ISP router and sometimes get amazing games and others it unplayable (instadeaths).

Does Using the Netduma with the Isp affect the performace negatively?

Will I have to throtle the router a lot ?

Will I have matchmaking problems?

Does it really fixes bufferbloat?

The geo filter only look for hosts, that means I still can connect in games that have people far away as long as the host is near. Is that right?

Thank you very much I appreciate if you can help me I love shooters and just wanted a more stable connection (my kd is stuck in 1.5 =[ )

My responses will be in blue.

I dont have a lot of money and if I buy one it will be more expensive because of the taxes. So I really should be careful..

I use a tp link pluged in the ISP router and sometimes get amazing games and others it unplayable (instadeaths).

Does Using the Netduma with the Isp affect the performace negatively?

It shouldn't - it will fundamentally function just like your current router.

Will I have to throtle the router a lot ?

I think this is more of a preference than a requirement.

Will I have matchmaking problems?

If you have a narrow geo-filter range, then it will affect matching making.  The larger the range the more players you will be able to match with.

Can't comment - I only have the R1 and don't believe this is part of the feature set.

The geo filter only look for hosts, that means I still can connect in games that have people far away as long as the host is near. Is that right?

The geo filter enables you to connect to people within the range you specific.  For instance, if you only have the geofilter covering Brazil then you, in theory, will only play against people in Brazil.

Thank you very much I appreciate if you can help me I love shooters and just wanted a more stable connection (my kd is stuck in 1.5 =[ ) 

Do remember that this is a piece of equipment that doesn't change your gaming behavior and skill.  It will not add KD to your stats, but only a change in your playstyle will affect that statistic.  Lots of folks think that the router will turn them into a god and then they're sorely disappointed and claim that the router is crap. 

This router is a time investment due to the different configurations and testing one will need to perform to find what works for them, so do keep that in mind.  It's not entirely plug and play for some.

Hope that helps!

Can't comment - I only have the R1 and don't believe this is part of the feature set.

It does. This is one of the main features of the R1's software. For example on my 50/10Mb line, I can reduce bandwidth by 3% and go from averaging 50ms bufferbloat on the download and 300ms bloat on the upstream at max bandwidth to under 5ms both ways.

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forum Fabio! The answers above are great. I'll summarise some points as well:

- The R1 is compatible with all ISP's, though some are better for gaming than others. It's really up to the ISP to be compatible with all routers rather than the other way around.

- All features can be changed to fix the negatives. For instance, if you have matchmaking problems, increasing the Geo-Filter radius will solve that. If you connect to high ping hosts, decreasing the Geo-Filter radius will solve that. If you have high bufferbloat, decreasing the Anti-Flood sliders will solve that - and so on.

- Anti-Flood is designed specifically to fix Bufferbloat and reduce lag caused by local devices. This is so true that in DumaOS we renamed that feature to 'Anti-Bufferbloat'. It's second to none.

- If you live in an area where there aren't any servers, you'll have to adjust your Geo-Filter accordingly. We guarantee the best connection possible, but if the game you're playing doesn't support your area then you will have to adapt. The Geo-Filter gives you full control and is entirely unique, but your ping is still heavily reliant on where you live in relation to the game servers.

- That being said, if you have friends who live far away and you don't want to filter them out - you can 'allow' them. If you connect to really poor servers, you can 'deny' them. You have full control.

I hope this helps!