I'm in US but all of a sudden Xbox Live is connecting me to a UK server???

For the past week, I've noticed NetDuma is indicating I'm connected to a UK server as soon as I sign into Xbox live.  I don't understand.  I'm in the US.  I don't think it's a mislocated server as the ping is above 120ms consistently.  Any ideas why this is?  I've tried the usual reboots of the router, my xbox, etc., and even banned the server but it keeps connecting me there (or to multiples in that area I assume).

Dunno what to do.

Server ID is da5e30fbfb79f0f5

Edit: I attached a pic of what I'm seeing.  Note all the hosts in the US popped up after going into a Destiny 2 matchmaking.  That single UK host is the one I'm referring to.

post-4304-0-22451700-1534389179_thumb.png

For the past week, I've noticed NetDuma is indicating I'm connected to a UK server as soon as I sign into Xbox live.  I don't understand.  I'm in the US.  I don't think it's a mislocated server as the ping is above 120ms consistently.  Any ideas why this is?  I've tried the usual reboots of the router, my xbox, etc., and even banned the server but it keeps connecting me there (or to multiples in that area I assume).

Dunno what to do.

Server ID is da5e30fbfb79f0f5[/size]

Edit: I attached a pic of what I'm seeing.  Note all the hosts in the US popped up after going into a Destiny 2 matchmaking.  That single UK host is the one I'm referring to.[/size]

That will be a whitelisted Xbox Live authentication server and is nothing to worry about.

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forum - Pollutionblues is correct above. If you spot a server like that showing up as soon as you connect to a service, such as Xbox Live or a party chat function, it'll be a server that we've whitelisted ourselves. Without it, you wouldn't be able to use that service, so it's essential that you're able to connect to that at all times.

I hope this helps! :)