Monster Hunter World - PS4

Please update the XR500's geo-filter with servers for Monster Hunter World for Playstation 4, right now the multiplayer is unplayable (unable to connect) if PS4 is in filtering mode.   I have to disable geo filter by switching the xr500 to spectating mode for it to work (east coast USA, 500 mile radius).

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, I will switch to spectating mode on the geofilter every time I want to play it online. In the future though, I would appreciate the ability to permanently exempt specific PS4 games from the geofilter if they are unsupported by it, if possible, rather than have to constantly switch between filtering and spectating mode on the router config page.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, I will switch to spectating mode on the geofilter every time I want to play it online. In the future though, I would appreciate the ability to permanently exempt specific PS4 games from the geofilter if they are unsupported by it, if possible, rather than have to constantly switch between filtering and spectating mode on the router config page.

This is an interesting request - I believe we've tried something similar to it before. The issue is it's very difficult to detect specific games that are being played - it's far easier for a router to detect when a device is being used to play a game rather than specify exactly which game it is. We'd love to get the whole Geo-Filter to have an automatic process like QoS though, so thanks for the feedback. I'm sure we'll figure it out one day!

This is an interesting request - I believe we've tried something similar to it before. The issue is it's very difficult to detect specific games that are being played - it's far easier for a router to detect when a device is being used to play a game rather than specify exactly which game it is. We'd love to get the whole Geo-Filter to have an automatic process like QoS though, so thanks for the feedback. I'm sure we'll figure it out one day!

OK thanks, in that case, I'd like a feature that allows me to just let the geo-filter "do its best" and then if it can't find a close server or a low ping server (I believe ping assist is still on the way for the XR500?) then it gradually expands the search area , so that all games are compatible automatically, somehow without having to change geofiltering to spectating mode.  I think this feature would be perfect for gamers (who are not AS hardcore as others) who merely strongly prefer closer/lower ping servers, but are totally fine with allowing whatever the game needs to work if it can't find those.

• Netduma Staff

That's a fantastic idea. I actually love it.

I'll chat to the guys and see if we can add this to our roadmap. Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that once DumaOS is functional on the R1 (and all users have it) we can tailor DumaOS based on user suggestions like these.

I reckon that would be perfect for games like MHW, and for new games where the server locations are uncertain. Great thinking!

That's a fantastic idea. I actually love it.

I'll chat to the guys and see if we can add this to our roadmap. Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that once DumaOS is functional on the R1 (and all users have it) we can tailor DumaOS based on user suggestions like these.

I reckon that would be perfect for games like MHW, and for new games where the server locations are uncertain. Great thinking!

Cool, thanks!  Yeah I think it would be perfect for less-than hardcore gamers (who don't need really strict control over the geofiltering.)  I guess the tricky part to implement it might be to expand the search area fast enough so that games don't give a timeout error, unable to find servers...  but, if some type of automatic, compatibility-style geofiltering option can be achieved somehow, I think it would offer many people the best of both worlds: retaining much of the benefits of geofiltering + the added bonus of compatibility with all games without having to reconfigure anything.  Looking forward to trying whatever you come up with!