im calling bullshit on killcams

procreate

they say "killcams are an approximation" but there is a difference in approximation and reality. reality is due to where people are at a given time and if i am shooting a person and they are say 10' from me and in the killcam are right upon me knifing me and no gunfire goes off on my part it is 
NOT an approximation but the reality of LAG. if anyone else things different they are fooling themselves and buying into the poor programming of activisions companies. i think the killcams are probably more correct than they say they are.... it is the reality of their poor programming.

they say "killcams are an approximation" but there is a difference in approximation and reality. reality is due to where people are at a given time and if i am shooting a person and they are say 10' from me and in the killcam are right upon me knifing me and no gunfire goes off on my part it is 

NOT an approximation but the reality of LAG. if anyone else things different they are fooling themselves and buying into the poor programming of activisions companies. i think the killcams are probably more correct than they say they are.... it is the reality of their poor programming.

Sounds plausible. The camera in-game is out of sync, but this may not be the case for the killcam. Possible. Then the game would be an approximation and the killcam would be the only reliable source of what's actually happening.  ;)

• Netduma Staff

They are just an approximation. If you want real time recording use theatre mode (from the CoDs that have it). That is pretty accurate.

There are many ways to tell how a kill cam is an approximation. 1) If for example while killing someone, you shot through glass and broke it, when the person watches the kill cam the glass will already be broken. 2) If you throw a smoke and the smoke is visible in the kill cam you will see that it hasn't flowed the same way and it is different to what it was in the game.That shows that kill cams are just an approximation because those inaccuracies could mean that in a kill cam you kill someone in smoke and they aren't visible but when you actually killed them you could see them perfectly fine.

In this video (from the time I have linked) it shows how the kill cam didn't show what happened on either of the players screen.

I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say in your post so I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what you said but I have based my understanding of kill cams on the above information and also other videos I have watched (and things that have happened to me in game).

Sounds plausible. The camera in-game is out of sync, but this may not be the case for the killcam. Possible. Then the game would be an approximation and the killcam would be the only reliable source of what's actually happening. ;)

What's happening on the "right" side of the battle. I have been the final killer and even said "That's not what happened".

What's happening on the "right" side of the battle. I have been the final killer and even said "That's not what happened".

i had a game last week where i had to lol.

i got the final kill with one burst of a holepuncher and the cam blatantly showed a second bullshit burst

Actually next they will get rid of them like leaderboards, playercounts and stats.

I can't remember what made me post this but I know it was of massive differences in lag that required actions that would not if been possible otherwise, like rounding a corner etc.

or i guess the approximation is less than lag.

It goes without saying, but there is always going to be latency when playing online as well as a small amount in Theater Mode because of how consoles / PCs work when they are both hosting and/or recording data. The latency in the latter should not even be noticeable, but we also have to remember if you are the host, your machine is having to basically average 72 possible game worlds into a fairly consistent and coherent game play experience. This is where latency rears its ugly head and why we have WTF? moments as well as insta-kills, no hit markers, only hit markers, etc.

The only way to get around any of these technological and physical limitations to be able to play in (actual) real time is quantum mechanics (faster than the speed of light). 

So, I'm not saying the netcode couldn't be better. However, this is why we have the Netduma. It helps optimize the connection(s) on at least one players end which helps at least one, or two others who may be closer to the host / server as well. It's the other eight, or nine players we have no control over who can drastically effect the game beyond what the R1 is capable of controlling simply because of where they are connecting from and the quality (or lack thereof) of their connections.

Archived