XR500 and Ethernet Switch

I have an Ethernet switch and will be connecting it to one of the LAN ports on the XR500. This switch is a gigabit switch which holds roughly 4/5 devices. 

When looking at the device manager on the XR500, will it detect that a switch it being used and display all the devices individually or will it simply be one connection as there are some devices I will want to manage more personally. 

Depends if your switch is a managed switch or NON managed. Non managed switches will not be seen by any router as they do not report an IP address. These are recommended for ease of use and quick connections.

I believe it's unmanaged. So what, the switch won't even come up in the XR500 device manager or will it report back multiple IPs from the different devices? 

I have an Ethernet switch and will be connecting it to one of the LAN ports on the XR500. This switch is a gigabit switch which holds roughly 4/5 devices. 

When looking at the device manager on the XR500, will it detect that a switch it being used and display all the devices individually or will it simply be one connection as there are some devices I will want to manage more personally. 

Good choice it should help you with Ethernet stability, since you would offload switching function to another device. 

• Administrators

Should I be able to see the IP's for each device connected to the switch? Right now I can see the devices (offline) but there is no IP present. 

Should be able to, if data is passing through. If not we're looking into a similar issue so will check