PS4 Party Chat Audio Blocked

Rexen

I have a question in regards to Geo-Filter blocking party chat members outside designated allowable zone. 

The members have been assigned a high quality and on the Allowed Hosts list in the Alowed section. 

If I drag the geo-filter outwards past their location it instantly allows voice data and I can then drag it back and the audio remains unaffected. 

I saw a similar thread for an XBOX chat but didn't know if it was resolved. 

Is there any way I can resolve this issue ?

• Netduma Staff

Hi Rexen, welcome to the forums :)

Are there any triangles/padlocks on your GeoFilter when you try to join them? If there are can you post the IDs here please and also add any triangles to your allowed list.

If there aren't any triangles/padlocks then you maybe you could just disable the GeoFilter while joining people then re-enable it when you are in their game? :)

Hi Crossy, cheers :)

No their red circles remain normal when outside the designated geo-filter zone. 

They can join the party chat fine it just restricts audio - like an incompatible NAT so to speak - so we can't hear eachother.

There are no issues joining games etc only issue is party chat audio being restricted. 

I do not have a ps4 so i can not comment on that but with the xbox MS have new chat servers out side my Geo range i ticked bleededing edge cloud updates in misc after i read a post about it on here and it fixed the problem for me.

Archived