Further Interleaving Added To Line!

• Netduma Staff

Hey All.

Just a quick update regarding the interleaving on my line.  I had low interleaving on both the US and DS. 8ms delay for each.

I capped the speed on the modem to 30/10.   The DS interleaving was removed yesterday. This morning I woke up to find the US interleaving was also gone and I am now back on fast path. I have upped my speed cap to 50/10.   So far so good.

I highly recommend this method for anyone on interleaving having a hard time getting off it. All the time spent trying to talk to BT and it took me 3 days to resolve myself.

Thanks all for the advice!

Great to hear, I'm glad Zennons advice worked out :D let us know if you have any more issues or questions and we'll be happy to help you out.

Hi Zennon.

With my line being quite noisy there were way too many ES per hour for me to return to Fast Path without capping speeds. Speed capping reduces errors. You need to see single digit ES errors for a 24 hour Period depending on line history for interleaving to be removed. Hence why 2 days after the Speed cap I was back on Fast Path on the DS followed by a further day to lift the US delay.

You need to stay below 1440 ES errors per day on the DS and 720 on the US to stay on Fast path. Exceeding theses numbers will result in a DLM intervention, so yes you can wait but in my case waiting wasn't going to help. I was monitoring my line whilst interleaved on both the US and DS and the error rates were way too high to return to fast path.

You would have to raise your SNRM for noise protection to stop the error's not speed capping, unless you mean you raised your SNRM which in turn lowers the bandwidth?

Thats is the purpose of the speed cap. To raise the SNRM. No you lower your bandwith which in turn raises your SNRM.

End result = positive DLM intervention :D

I dont think capping the speed affects SNRM in anyway at all mate,are you on fttc?you cant touch things like SNRM on fttc its a fixed profile,adsl profiles with certain routers like the billion i think it is you can manually change the SNRM