R1 dedis disappear on xbox1 .. my fix

My locale dedis slowly start disappearing from the geofilter after about 3-4 hours and start bouncing me to ones 750 miles outside my geo range. My simple fix : hard restart both xbox1 and R1 and bingo they are all back. I dont question why but works like a charm for me at least.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for sharing :) out of interest which game are you playing when this happens? If you tick 'Show Dormant Hosts' do they appear as dormant hosts?

Playing COD WWII and yes "show dormant hosts" is checked off. They mysteriously disappear usually around 8pm eastern time and I get bumped to trash servers until I hard restart both. These are Florida servers that vanish.

• Netduma Staff

Playing COD WWII and yes "show dormant hosts" is checked off. They mysteriously disappear usually around 8pm eastern time and I get bumped to trash servers until I hard restart both. These are Florida servers that vanish.

I have no idea why this would be the case. I'm glad resetting the R1 fixes it though!

Do you see anything being blocked when this happens? Do you have an open NAT as well? It seems like a really weird phenomenon!

• Netduma Staff

Nothing is blocked and nat is open.

Hmm okay. Well that indicates the issue is not being caused by the Netduma - I have a feeling that this is built into the game net-code. if this happens at a specific time of day it could be a measure to alleviate the amount of players connecting to those particular servers. Maybe it's a busy time for them or maybe it's the opposite. It's all speculation, but I'm confident that the Netduma isn't the cause.

If you just reboot your console when it happens without changing anything / rebooting the Netduma, can you connect to them then? It could just require a game restart.