High Priority Traffic Detected - not....

just realized this isn't working when I play COD WWII on Pc.... ?

i.e HPTD circle is "unlit".

(....works when Ps4 is on and gaming though.....?)

COD profile is enabled....

tried with filtering and spectating on/off, same result.

tried with QoS at "Always" and When High Priority Traffic Detected, same result ....?

High_Priority_Traffic_Detected.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just noticed I am having the same issue. XR500 just doesn't seem to be showing as prioritising gaming traffic, (as OP posted, there is no red dot lighting up in the "Traffic Prioritization Information" panel). Like OP I game on PC, but I play a variety of games these include:

Battlefield 3 & 4

Ghost War (PvP part of Ghost Recon Wildlands)

Rainbow 6

Ironsight

Tried all the same things as OP and cannot seem to get the XR500 to recognise high priority traffic. Tried the settings Fraser has posted a screenshot of, (which I understand are probably for CoD WWII), and all the games I've listed and still no light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators

Hi Monk, for those games you'll need to find the ports for them and then add them in manually.

Also if you want to help us get them classified please take a look here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24394-want-to-help-classify-games-for-traffic-prioritization-look-here/

Holy Cow. Didn't expect such a quick response, (didn't even have time to click the Follow Topic button!) :-)

Thanks for the info Fraser. I'll have a look at that later and see if I can capture the ports and I'll report back. For now, my wife is on my case to get my ass off my PC and help cook dinner. Duty Calls!!

Can you set it up like this please and see if it works then:

attachicon.gifdeviceprio.png

I have also sent you a PM if you would like to help further.

Thanks

although , I added all (additional) Pc ports for COD WWII and its working now , once i removed all other consoles and just left my gaming pc rig in...

traffic1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with Battlefield 1. My setup: Windows 10 with XR500 and I didn't add any port rules to play this game online. It is all default, i.e., install the game and start playing online. But the router is not picking this up as Game traffic, instead, it is shown as Unknown traffic. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! 

What do you mean by it's shown as unknown traffic? Are you talking about Network Monitor rather than Traffic Prioritization?

Yes, in network monitor it is showed as Unknown traffic. I made sure that when I am gaming I don't even open any browser tab other than the Duma OS to see what kind of traffic classification is happening. Plus, If go to QOS then the Priority Traffic light is not red and Priority traffic packets are showing as 0. 

• Administrators

Yes, in network monitor it is showed as Unknown traffic. I made sure that when I am gaming I don't even open any browser tab other than the Duma OS to see what kind of traffic classification is happening. Plus, If go to QOS then the Priority Traffic light is not red and Priority traffic packets are showing as 0. 

If we can't detect what is being used it will show up as unprioritized. We'll be improving classification for games very soon so it will appear correctly. That's correct behaviour, if the light is on then no packets are being prioritized and will instead show as background traffic.

If we can't detect what is being used it will show up as unprioritized. We'll be improving classification for games very soon so it will appear correctly. That's correct behaviour, if the light is on then no packets are being prioritized and will instead show as background traffic.

What should I do now to make my router classify it as Gaming traffic? Battlefield 1 is an old game now. It's been out for almost 2 years and if people are buying this XR500 router then I believe many of them must have been playing Battlefield 1 game.

• Administrators

For the network monitor it doesn't have any impact on your game. For Traffic Prioritization use the Games Console server or manually input the ports for the game. Then once we update it you can use the service instead or have DumaOS Classified Games enabled as that'll do it automatically.

For the network monitor it doesn't have any impact on your game. For Traffic Prioritization use the Games Console server or manually input the ports for the game. Then once we update it you can use the service instead or have DumaOS Classified Games enabled as that'll do it automatically.

According to online forums, Ports Required for Battlefield 1 are 

Battlefield 1 - PC
  • TCP: 5222,9988,17502,20000-20100,22990,42127
  • UDP: 3659,14000-14016,22990-23006,25200-25300

How should add them in the QOS to make sure that Battlefield 1 game traffic is classified as High Priority

In order to make it simple I'd do 6 rules like this:

TCP/UDP: 14000-17502, 20000-25300

TCP: 5222, 9988, 42127

UDP: 3659 

I can see that High Priority Traffic light is turned on in QOS page. However, after a 3 hour session of gaming, the number of High Priority Packets are only 565, which can't be true. This means that it may not be picking up the gaming data packets and only some control traffic packets between the gaming server and my machine. 

So, I guess, I am still not experiencing the real benefit of XR500 QOS.

• Administrators

I just had a look online and it seems people found the same thing that the official port list is not all the ports they use at all. They seem to use a whole host of random ports not mentioned. I would recommend instead selecting the Games Console service and you should get high priority all the time when playing.

I just had a look online and it seems people found the same thing that the official port list is not all the ports they use at all. They seem to use a whole host of random ports not mentioned. I would recommend instead selecting the Games Console service and you should get high priority all the time when playing.

It seems to be working. I removed all the ports and simply add one rule for my Gaming PC is the treat it as Game Console and selected When High Priority is Detected option instead of Always. So, for normal web traffic, like Youtube, it doesn't it doesn't lit the High Priority Detected switch but when I start playing the game by joining a match, it turns on. Based on the total number of high priority packets count, I can see that it definitely has considered Gaming data packets. 

However, it would be nice to have classification working instead of these workarounds. 

On my XR500 how can I analyze the Ping, Jitter, Packet Loss etc., to the gaming server I am connected?

• Administrators

Great to hear that! Yes we will be improving that - that's something that will have ongoing improvements made.

You can analyse Ping with the Geo-Filter - Jitter, Packet Loss you can't do at the moment but that may be something we add in the future if there is demand for it. We had a feature like that on our original software and it was barely used but took awhile to make so we make things people want now rather than what we think they want.