The only thing I'm upset with the XR500

Locraptor

Look I've been a Netduma R1 owner for the past 2 and a half years give or take a bit. I've waited for this Duma os for about 2 years. I have fiber internet 900 up and down. So this Xr500 was great news and I purchased immediately when I had funds available. Bought 1 month after launch. So happy to be able to get a better hardware router to My my fiber needs. Don't get me wrong it was definitely worth the 2 year wait and I'm not complaining about that.

What I am complaining about is the fact I spent a total 220 for netduma and now 330 for Xr500 at a grand total of 550 dollars in about 2 and half years. Now I'm not complaining about that either. That was my choice to buy. But I'm completely complaining about the fact that I'm just now learning from watching sim video on YouTube that the xr500 won't have some features that the Netduma R1 will have.

The fact that I've spent so much money and to be left out of possible great features because netduma wants to keep certain features only for the R1.

I totally understand this for a business decision. But it just sucks knowing this now afterwards. Not that it'd make a big difference in my purchase decisions at this moment as I don't know what will be kept for netduma only. It just sucks since I've spent all this money and then to find this out.

Now this is my idea. If these netduma R1 Duma os special abilities are great. If they are great R Apps. Please either give the Early adopters that have purchased both routers the special R app for free or give us the ability to be able to purchase them and download them.

As many of us old timers have been looking for the Duma os so long and we bought the xr500 to get Duma os first and also in my case I wanted a better router for fiber speeds. I bought xr500 for those 2 reasons. Just so thrilled and hyped when I found out about the xr500. But honestly to hear it's gonna be held back on some special features kinda shakes my bones. I feel like I'm getting robbed in a way as I've spent 550 in a couple of years supporting Netduma and for my own personal use. I want the special R Apps. I want all that's great about the Duma os and don't want to be left out.

Yes this is a complaint. But I also gave a solution. If you are not willing to give us Early adopters the special proprietary stuff to the R1 please allow us the ability to purchase these special features. After all you do have a R app store.

Maybe I'm wrong and there won't be special proprietary stuff for R1. I'm just going off a sim video I seen. I don't study every section of forums or read all the post. So maybe I've missed this information.

• Netduma Staff

Oh ok Fraser. Thanks for putting that out there. I had no idea.

I hope that made sense Locraptor - just be assured that we're not looking to leave anyone out or make anyone feel like they have to purchase one router or the other. It's still early days!