Hello Everyone 

I want to setup a VPN within my own network. I currently have a VPN via windows 10 however I would like to setup a VPN that I can add in the netduma router. It would make things simple if I could just select on and off device via the router instead on manually setting up for each machine. 

Is it possible? If so can someone please send me info on how I can get windows VPN to generate a script to add in the netduma? or is there any easy guides?  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your time

Cheers

Hi.

First of all we would need to know your vpn provider in order to assist you further. Yes it is possible to have a vpn covering ALL your network devices or you can have it only cover selected devices.

B.D

Hi BIG_DOG 

Do i need an external provider? I only want to be able to connect to my own devices. For example my main pc to be the VPN server and use my Android mobile to connect. Having the ability to switch it on for other phones via the router would be handy so I dont need to install certificates on each device. 

However if there is a provider that does a vpn so I can link my own devices only and not shared I would defiantly be interest. Is there a particular name of that type of service?

I appreciate you looking into this for me.  I do have my own NordVPN subscription but that's for Netflix etc.. 

• Administrators

Hi Azleb,

The router itself will allow you to allocate a VPN by device. So you just need to get a VPN subscription that has OpenVPN (most do).

NordVPN is in this category. You can follow how to setup NordVPN for the Netduma R1 here: https://nanorep.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1047410932/Netduma-guide.htm

• Administrators

Hi 

So to confirm If i have NoirdVPN in the router and select my mobile and my pc I can access the data between devices? Essentially I am trying to create my own VPN network.

Thanks 

Oh I see, my mistake. Unfortunately I do not think this is possible, but let me check with a dev.

• Administrators

Oh I see, my mistake. Unfortunately I do not think this is possible, but let me check with a dev.

Ok, they said:

Netduma works with OpenVPN, so in theory if you created your own VPN and made an OpenVPN config file you might be able to get it to work with the R1. This has never been tried so not able to make any promises!