Routers

Lyncho84

Can anyone advise me on a good router to use along with my r1?im currently using my hh5 way bt infinity but guys i c on r1 youtube videos reckon it doesn work the best with the r1

HH5 is fine. You don't need another router, you need a modem and the netduma is the router.

HH5 will handle the modem part. If you are seeing links to the TP-Link from YouTube it's mainly because of users throttling the connection of individual devices. The next update from the Netduma team will allow the same granular control so save yourself £70 and wait 3-4 weeks and you have all the same features.

It's were on YouTube vids they show them giving their Xbox a particular bandwidth (normally a lower figure hence term throttling). The TP-Link seems to be popular with cod players and I've seen a few vids with both the TP-Link and netduma being used in conjunction.

Nope i dont think its that people do that to avoid lag comp and like buddy sad wait a bit and you will be able to do thatt along with i think 900mb max speeds so you can totaly make r1 your prinary router

My views, throttling is not cheating because it does not alter your ping and ping is what speed you connect to the host there and back (latency) a 448k upload will ping the same as a 100mb upload on the same line.

Flooding your connection is cheating.

I have bt infinity 1 and just connect my R1 to the open reach modem and just put everything through the R1. Onlt ever plugged the HH back in the check line speeds etc.

In fact before the R1 I was using a TP link router as it was wayyyyyy better than the BT Homehub.

I have bt infinity 1 and just connect my R1 to the open reach modem and just put everything through the R1. Onlt ever plugged the HH back in the check line speeds etc.

In fact before the R1 I was using a TP link router as it was wayyyyyy better than the BT Homehub.

HomeHubs are the bain of my existence at work some days lol

Have you tried plugging ethernet cable from main access point into port 1 of your R1?

Then set up your R1 as your main router?

I have bt fttc and connect by modem directly to r1 on lan 1 port to poe port on R1
Then on R1 page in settings wan I use ppoe enabled
User name [email protected]
Password BT

Archived