Limit to amount of connections

Just wondering if there is a limit or a (safe amount) of physical devices connected to a Duma router?

I have been adding Smart Home devices to my network now so it is strting to grow rapidly, currently at around 60 devices with 4 Smart Home devices but I'm looking to expand.

Currently I have around 15 digital devices connected concurrently and 3/4 Smart devices.

I am starting to notice some network issues and wanted to check if it was the amount that I have that could be causing the issues.

Just wondering if there is a limit or a (safe amount) of physical devices connected to a Duma router?

I have been adding Smart Home devices to my network now so it is strting to grow rapidly, currently at around 60 devices with 4 Smart Home devices but I'm looking to expand.

Currently I have around 15 digital devices connected concurrently and 3/4 Smart devices.

I am starting to notice some network issues and wanted to check if it was the amount that I have that could be causing the issues.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I’m not aware of any issues with a large number of devices. What network issues are you experiencing?

if you have another router, you could connect that to the netduma and have all your smart home devices connected to that and in the netduma device prioritisation you can limit a portion of your internet to that router and the rest for your gaming and streaming needs.

other factors will be your internet speeds and how much your devices are using.......if you have cctv too on your network then that will draw massively from your bandwidth!

• Netduma Staff

some of my Smart devices keep losing connection and some buffering with my streaming devices to my servers.

Big Dog's advice above is great and would be a good solution. This does depend a lot on your Congestion Control settings as well as your bandwidth speeds however. Let us know what those are, and try using Anti-Flood at perhaps 90/90, reset Device Prioritisation and tick Share Excess.