When I trace It goes all over the place

Pro Innocence

The trace route function may be inaccurate, but it is a visible indication that nothing on the internet travels in a straight line. It's a good tool for helping non-tech savvy people understand the concept of distance, hops (connections), internet infrastructure, etc.  :)

Iain didnt you mention once that there are attempts by yours to reduce the hops an internet-packet does when going from the R1 to its arrival point?

that could cut down the ping a lot, right? ;)

Iain didnt you mention once that there are attempts by yours to reduce the hops an internet-packet does when going from the R1 to its arrival point?

that could cut down the ping a lot, right? ;)

This cant be right surely! the DUMA is amazing but omg if that happens Iain you truly will be a legend

• Administrators

The original idea of the Geo-Filter was actually filtering by hops. So you could say I don't want more than 10 hops. However what I found is it didn't work very well for example I'm in England

& with it set to 6 I could get hosts in New York but not get some in Scotland. So it wasn't the most reliable measure. Also if the route changes mid game, then you're in trouble! 

Archived