PS4 is NAT Type 2 (open) but ww2 is Strict

Do you lose connection/get kicked back to the main menu while playing, have to reconnect to online services and only then do you notice you've lost the open NAT? I only ask because at times I've disabled port forwarding to work around the GUI lag, forgot to enable UPnP, and retained what is reported as an open NAT until I reboot the game. I can even pull my ethernet cable, plug it back in, reconnect to online services and it'd still be open in game somehow lol

I'm just wondering if maybe your PS4 IP could be changing constantly for some reason.

Nope. Never get kicked from games. & I am never open nat on game, at best i am moderate. As for the ip of my ps4, i am 100% sure it is static and hasn't changed.

Nope. Never get kicked from games. & I am never open nat on game, at best i am moderate. As for the ip of my ps4, i am 100% sure it is static and hasn't changed.

Last suggestion I can think of: do you get an open NAT in game when you remove the R1 from the equation and connect directly to your modem? Also, have you ever had an open NAT through the R1 or have you recently bought it and haven't had an open NAT since introducing it to your setup?

Last suggestion I can think of: do you get an open NAT in game when you remove the R1 from the equation and connect directly to your modem? Also, have you ever had an open NAT through the R1 or have you recently bought it and haven't had an open NAT since introducing it to your setup?

Since introducing it to my setup, I have never had open NAT type. Historically, yes I have been Open but it would sometimes go moderate. Never Strict. Haven't tried removing the duma all together from the equation as i feel that defeats the purpose.

Since introducing it to my setup, I have never had open NAT type. Historically, yes I have been Open but it would sometimes go moderate. Never Strict. Haven't tried removing the duma all together from the equation as i feel that defeats the purpose.

Of course I understand; I wouldn't want to either lol. I've only had similar problems when UPnP wouldn't work for BO3 - it would only open UDP 9308 on my PS4 - but that was easily solved by forwarding UDP 3074. Perhaps the R1 is misreporting your PS4 IP so it can't correctly map the ports to the right IP? I'm struggling for ideas to be honest :/ this is a weird one.

Of course I understand; I wouldn't want to either lol. I've only had similar problems when UPnP wouldn't work for BO3 - it would only open UDP 9308 on my PS4 - but that was easily solved by forwarding UDP 3074. Perhaps the R1 is misreporting your PS4 IP so it can't correctly map the ports to the right IP? I'm struggling for ideas to be honest :/ this is a weird one.

Yup believe me i'm annoyed. I have a networking background and can't figure it out. Honestly I just blame AT&T for being shit

Do you have another console on your network using the same ports as even when you have upnp enabled, call of duty only seems to have an open nat for the console using udp port 3074, ive yet to find a way of having both consoles get an open nat, always one or the other.

Do you have another console on your network using the same ports as even when you have upnp enabled, call of duty only seems to have an open nat for the console using udp port 3074, ive yet to find a way of having both consoles get an open nat, always one or the other.

Forgot about this. Isn't UPnP (or port forwarding if you do it yourself) supposed to open the next one along for each additional console, ie 3075, 3076... etc?

Forgot about this. Isn't UPnP (or port forwarding if you do it yourself) supposed to open the next one along for each additional console, ie 3075, 3076... etc?

Its suppose to but i have never got it to work on cod, first console connected gets an open nat, the other always moderate, it will show in upnp that another port has been opened/forwarded, but in game still moderate.

Its suppose to but i have never got it to work on cod, first console connected gets an open nat, the other always moderate, it will show in upnp that another port has been opened/forwarded, but in game still moderate.

I've never had two consoles in my setup so I had no idea

I've never had two consoles in my setup so I had no idea maybe UPnP to handle 3074, with manually forwarded 3075 or something? Honestly I've never seen anything but 3074, 9308 and Remote Play ports opened by UPnP on the Duma or my ISP routers for my PS4 lol

only have ps4 in my setup.....

• Administrators

Go on the game and then look at the Network monitor (upload), only show your console. Click on the Network Monitor so that a pie chart appears. Should show ports underneath it. Keep doing that a few times until you don't get any different ports showing, then port forward those ports & turn off UPnP.

Go on the game and then look at the Network monitor (upload), only show your console. Click on the Network Monitor so that a pie chart appears. Should show ports underneath it. Keep doing that a few times until you don't get any different ports showing, then port forward those ports & turn off UPnP.

done thtis as well....