My Netduma dead?

After didn't use for a while (1-2 years) my Netduma with latest software 1.03.6g seem to be dead.

I cannot connect to it (LAN and WIFI).

Nothing happen when I try to factory reset it. 

I try regular way by simple press on RES button but noting happen.

So I google and find solution to reset Microtik by unplug to power then press the RES button and plug it.

The router sound "peep" after 10 sec and nothing change again.

I try to connect by using Winbox (1-1 LAN connect with my Mac) but no connection found.

Please suggest me what should I do?

- No WIFI from Netduma.

- No generated IP Address from Netduma.

- Cannot Factory reset.

- Cannot connect to PC (via LAN) with manual IP Address

Do any of the lights come on when you plug the Netduma in? If they do try accessing the Netduma interface using: 192.168.88.1, 192.168.1.1 or http://r1. Do any of those work?

LAN Light 1-5 when cable connected - YES

PWR - YES

WIFI - NO

beep sound when power on - YES

act blink when power on - YES

I try every way both DHCP and manual IP

192.168.0.x

192.168.1.x

192.168.88.x

When connect 1-1 to pic via 1-port on Netduma and set pc connection to DHCP

It return 169.x.x.x (can't generate ip address)

Winbox

- connect using above IP Address

- connect using Netduma's MAC Address

I think It had to be factory reset but I don't know how?

- simple press RES button when open -> nothing happen

- press the RES button then plug in power, wait "beep" sound and release button -> nothing happen

Any idea?

• Netduma Staff

LAN Light 1-5 when cable connected - YES

PWR - YES

WIFI - NO

beep sound when power on - YES

act blink when power on - YES

I try every way both DHCP and manual IP

192.168.0.x

192.168.1.x

192.168.88.x

When connect 1-1 to pic via 1-port on Netduma and set pc connection to DHCP

It return 169.x.x.x (can't generate ip address)

Winbox

- connect using above IP Address

- connect using Netduma's MAC Address

I think It had to be factory reset but I don't know how?

- simple press RES button when open -> nothing happen

- press the RES button then plug in power, wait "beep" sound and release button -> nothing happen

Any idea?

Hi, welcome to the forum! That's actually not bad - the WiFi light is not supposed to be lit, and it's promising that the LED's and sounds are occurring correctly. Please check out this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022375-i-unticked-preserve-settings-when-upgrading-can-t-access-my-router-help

I would also recommend a hard reset. Unplug your modem and Netduma. Wait for 5 minutes, then plug in your modem. Wait another minute and then plug in your Netduma. When the Netduma is wired to a PC, can you access the Interface using 192.168.88.1? What if you isolate the Netduma (connecting it straight to a PC wired without the Modem connected)?

Hi, welcome to the forum! That's actually not bad - the WiFi light is not supposed to be lit, and it's promising that the LED's and sounds are occurring correctly. Please check out this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022375-i-unticked-preserve-settings-when-upgrading-can-t-access-my-router-help

I would also recommend a hard reset. Unplug your modem and Netduma. Wait for 5 minutes, then plug in your modem. Wait another minute and then plug in your Netduma. When the Netduma is wired to a PC, can you access the Interface using 192.168.88.1? What if you isolate the Netduma (connecting it straight to a PC wired without the Modem connected)?

This is IP Address I got when I connect my PC to Netduma (Modem -> Netduma -> PC) = 169.254.79.117

- Cannot access to 192.168.88.1

What if you isolate the Netduma (connecting it straight to a PC wired without the Modem connected)?

- Same result

I have tried manual my PC IP Address to 192.168.88.10 to direct connect to Netduma via port 1-5. It's not working

So my Netduma is ...

- Cannot get DHCP IP Address

- No WIFI to connect

- Nothing happen when press RES button

Please help me, Thank you