Geofilter Issues

LONNIE

After using the quick guide the Geofilter drop down does not give me option for ps4. It does have ps network but my only initial option is main office. I have ps4 and home course hard wired through the netduma. My internet speed goes from 90 down and 12 up to 3 down and .5up when netduma is installed. My lag gets worse with netduma hook up. Please help

• Netduma Staff

Hi LONNIE, welcome to the forums :)

Can you follow this guide and see if it fixes your issues please.

Also, do you mean that the PS4 is not showing up as a device on the Netduma? Maybe it could be one of the unnamed devices in which case you can identify it by its IP Address.

Yes.  PS4 is not showing up as a device.  the 1st scroll tab only gives 2 options. main office and something else.  i do not have ps4 controller and ps4 posted above port 1 on netduma web pg.  my home computor in port 2 is doing the same thing.

• Netduma Staff

Yes. PS4 is not showing up as a device. the 1st scroll tab only gives 2 options. main office and something else. i do not have ps4 controller and ps4 posted above port 1 on netduma web pg. my home computor in port 2 is doing the same thing.

You can't connect to port 1 on the Netduma, this port is for connecting to your other router.

If you connect to another port does it show up? :)

I do have Netduma port 1 connected to my ISP.   Its when i go to Netduma install pg and click on geofilter that i can't find PS4.  Sorry if i use incorrect terminology.  I am not computor savy.

• Netduma Staff

I do have Netduma port 1 connected to my ISP.   Its when i go to Netduma install pg and click on geofilter that i can't find PS4.  Sorry if i use incorrect terminology.  I am not computor savy.

Oh right, I see :) Do you have an interest connection through the PS4? And can you take a screen shot of the device manager please.

192 ARE THE 1ST 3 FOR PS4.  MY MAP SHOWS ONE GREEN SQUARE AND ONE RED SQUARE.  THIS DOES NOT EVER CHANGE.  I SHOW NO OTHER HOSTS THROUGHT THE ENTIRE USA.  I AM TRYING TO USE CHAT BUT IT KEEPS SAYING WAIT FOR DOWNLOAD.  I DO HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION THROUGH MY PS4 BUT IT LAGS WORSE NOW COMPARED TO NO NETDUMA.

• Netduma Staff

192 ARE THE 1ST 3 FOR PS4.  MY MAP SHOWS ONE GREEN SQUARE AND ONE RED SQUARE.  THIS DOES NOT EVER CHANGE.  I SHOW NO OTHER HOSTS THROUGHT THE ENTIRE USA.  I AM TRYING TO USE CHAT BUT IT KEEPS SAYING WAIT FOR DOWNLOAD.  I DO HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION THROUGH MY PS4 BUT IT LAGS WORSE NOW COMPARED TO NO NETDUMA.

192 isn't the MAC Address, it is the IP Address. If the device hasn't proper being added to the GeoFilter then in that aspect it is acting like any normal router so the lag you are experiencing is because the router isn't doing its job yet. Can you post a screen shot of the GeoFilter?

Once you have taken the screen shot and it is ready to be uploaded it is in the more reply options button at the bottom of this page.

Did you respond to Iains post a few posts up?

Oh when you said post i thought you ment you had already screen shot you just needed to uploaded sorry , yes please follow the link Buck provided.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived