Unable to Connect to Friends in other provinces

BKxLounge

Hey people just got my NETDUMA today, my friend lives in Ontario and I live in Newfoundland roughly 3000km away, I am unable to connect to him on WW2, keep getting error with unable to connect to host, any suggestions.

Friends keep getting Error unable to connect to host, so unable to follow these instructions.

Turn off the geo-filter

Join each other's lobby

Rate the circle on the map at 100% for your friend

Enable  geo-filter

Reboot the router from misc settings, and then reboot your console

Was able to accept an invite from my friend, i added him i think but i am unable to confirm this as whenever i hover my cursor over anything on the geo filter map no information comes up. I am also not able to move the points on the allow and deny option on the bottom of the screen and those dots also do not provide any information

Was able to accept an invite from my friend, i added him i think but i am unable to confirm this as whenever i hover my cursor over anything on the geo filter map no information comes up. I am also not able to move the points on the allow and deny option on the bottom of the screen and those dots also do not provide any information

Use Chrome with no adblockers

also i can now join his game but he cannot join me?

Welcome to WW2

• Netduma Staff

Hi - so you have added your friends to the allow list. The allow / deny section is a bit fiddly currently, though we will be changing this feature soon.

The rotating circle around your home location is the Geo-filter radius. Anything outside the radius will be blocked if you have Strict Mode enabled and Ping Assist at 0ms. It is meant to be red.

Strict Mode being enabled means that dedicated servers outside the radius will be blocked. With it disabled, you will be able to connect to them, though player hosts will still be blocked. I would recommend disabling this option should you find you are being kicked from the game.

Ping Assist allows you to connect to hosts outside the radius, so long as their ping is below the number you choose. I would recommend keeping this option at 0ms for now.

Please let us know your settings and we'll assist you - with a bit of patience, you will be able to find the right settings for you and improve your gameplay experience.

Hi - so you have added your friends to the allow list. The allow / deny section is a bit fiddly currently, though we will be changing this feature soon.

The rotating circle around your home location is the Geo-filter radius. Anything outside the radius will be blocked if you have Strict Mode enabled and Ping Assist at 0ms. It is meant to be red.

Strict Mode being enabled means that dedicated servers outside the radius will be blocked. With it disabled, you will be able to connect to them, though player hosts will still be blocked. I would recommend disabling this option should you find you are being kicked from the game.

Ping Assist allows you to connect to hosts outside the radius, so long as their ping is below the number you choose. I would recommend keeping this option at 0ms for now.

Please let us know your settings and we'll assist you - with a bit of patience, you will be able to find the right settings for you and improve your gameplay experience.

There must be an easier way to add friends to the allow/deny list, I thought I had allowed him on my Netduma by going into a private match however once in the private match the only available host data was located in British Colombia ( my friend lives in Ontario) so I allowed this host anyway to see if that would solve my issue, it did not. I continued to have issues for 3 hours last night and was unable to invite my friends or join them. I increased my ping assist to 200ms ( i know thats not recommended) and i even disabled the geo-filter for my playstation and still had issues with gaming with friends. This doesn't even begin to describe the issues with private party chat. No matter who hosted the party at least one person would complain my mic was lagging, this was after I had done the previous things I have spoke about. I also increased my range to the max and covered the entire map, reduced it to the lowest possible with no avail.

My congestion control was set to 70/70 and I increased my device prioritization on my Playstation 4 on both up/down. I also have hyper-traffic set up on my playstation. Strict mode is not turned on.

Is there an better game to have my friends and I play to select there host address? Also the circle rotating around my home location is red and there is no information when i hover over any of the "host/severs" there is no information, this also happens in the allow and deny section, I have disabled my adblocker as recommended and still no resolution.

• Netduma Staff

Thank you for your in-depth answer; the more information we have the sooner we can solve your issues :)

If you disable the Geo-filter, the Netduma acts just like a standard router. This indicates that your party chat and connection issues have a different origin. Ignoring the host filtering page for now, do you have an open NAT on your console? These issues could well be caused by your NAT - in which case, I would highly recommend checking out this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-

The main suggestion from that guide I would try is enabling UPnP. Please give that a go and let us know your NAT type.

By 'hovering over', do you mean clicking on them? You must click on an icon on the map to open the Ping Graph. Make sure 'Auto Ping Host' is disabled and try clicking on a circle - the Ping Graph should open below the map. Please let me know if this does not open.

In terms of adding friends, did you host the game? If you cannot see your friend on the Geo-filter, ensure you're the host of the game and try any game which allows you to host private matches.

Thank you for your in-depth answer; the more information we have the sooner we can solve your issues :)

If you disable the Geo-filter, the Netduma acts just like a standard router. This indicates that your party chat and connection issues have a different origin. Ignoring the host filtering page for now, do you have an open NAT on your console? These issues could well be caused by your NAT - in which case, I would highly recommend checking out this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-

The main suggestion from that guide I would try is enabling UPnP. Please give that a go and let us know your NAT type.

By 'hovering over', do you mean clicking on them? You must click on an icon on the map to open the Ping Graph. Make sure 'Auto Ping Host' is disabled and try clicking on a circle - the Ping Graph should open below the map. Please let me know if this does not open.

In terms of adding friends, did you host the game? If you cannot see your friend on the Geo-filter, ensure you're the host of the game and try any game which allows you to host private matches.

My current NAT Type is 2 and is showing open on multiple different CODs.

UPnP is enabled, and I am not able to host games as even when i disable the host filtering i am not given any options to even invite my friends.

As for the party chat issues my friends are also reporting they have NAT Type 2 and is showing open on whichever games they are playing( Overwatch, R6S) and yet at least one persons voice will lag if i am the host of that private party chat.

As for the hovering i stated even when I click on the server or host the ping does not load and that is with auto ping host turned off. I have even tried restarting and rebooting the router and my ISP modem.

In my ISPs modem i have gone in and set up the DMZ host filtering to allow the access to the Netduma, but when i go into the network information tab in the netduma it is giving me and error where is it telling me to set up the DMZ hosting because the netduma is detecting another router ( my ISPs modem has both ethernet and wifi abilities)

Also what if some of the games I play with friends don't have a private match option?

• Netduma Staff

Do you have the same issues when the Netduma is disconnected from your setup? Are all devices connected to the Netduma R1 when it is in your setup?

If some of your devices aren't connected to the Netduma this can prevent features from functioning correctly. Please ensure that these issues do not happen when you have disconnected the Netduma.

Do you have the same issues when the Netduma is disconnected from your setup? Are all devices connected to the Netduma R1 when it is in your setup?

If some of your devices aren't connected to the Netduma this can prevent features from functioning correctly. Please ensure that these issues do not happen when you have disconnected the Netduma.

I tried adding this last night, but when I void the netduma and plug directly into my modem I have no issues, and all devices wired and wireless are connect to the netduma and nothing else.

I have my congestion control set to the recommended 70/70 whilst I'm gaming however I am still getting lag spikes, and when I look at my devices it's not showing any large spikes in consumption of upload or download from any other devices in the home.

Last night my wife was on skype on her computer and my kids were watching Netflix on one device and no matter what I did with the congestion control I was getting lag.

Not sure what else I am supposed to be doing. Should I change my device prioritization?

• Netduma Staff

Please could you make a post in the 1 on 1 section (http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/) with dates and times you will be available from Tuesday onwards next week.

We'll take a look and try to get to the bottom of your issues :)

Please could you make a post in the 1 on 1 section (http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/) with dates and times you will be available from Tuesday onwards next week.

We'll take a look and try to get to the bottom of your issues :)

Post has been modified to fulfill the guidelines and the app join.me has been download preemtively