BTHomeHub 4 Help needed

• Netduma Staff

Thanks but i need to somebody to confirm it works flawlessly on a BT Home Hub 4 :D

It does :) I used it with HH4 for a while. I use HH5 now but it definitely does work with the HH4.

Hi i have been having problems with my BT Home Hub 2 and i want to know does anyone have the bt home hub 4 and having it working flawless?

Thanks Sam

Are you still having issues as i thought we got it sorted, TBH it might be your Hub as we did everything possible i think. Do you need the Hub to be your Main Router coudnt you just use the Duma as main Router ? i believe you just use your PPOE info as im sure thats what BT uses, maybe Crossy or Zen can confirm.

• Netduma Staff

Are you still having issues as i thought we got it sorted, TBH it might be your Hub as we did everything possible i think. Do you need the Hub to be your Main Router coudnt you just use the Duma as main Router ? i believe you just use your PPOE info as im sure thats what BT uses, maybe Crossy or Zen can confirm.

Yeah, you can use PPOE but you need a modem (like the fibre modem you get with fibre) - if you are on an ADSL line you need the HH as the modem.

Sam, remind me are you on adsl or FTTC? If the later just drop the hub and get an openreach modem.

If on adsl then perhaps look for a hh5. Should be dirt cheap on eBay (heck I might have two or three kicking about at this stage!).

• Netduma Staff

Im on adsl 

Ah, ok - so you will need to keep the HH. And thats great news that you are deciding to keep the Netduma :) Any problems then they can definitely be sorted, I think you've made the right choice by keeping it!

• Netduma Staff

I have order A HH4 and should be here tomorrow or Friday :D With my HH2 and the NET duma i cant seem to get Open NAT Type for the time being any Tips?

If DMZ doesn't work - try port forwarding the ports which are needed. They are 1024-65535 for both TCP & UDP.

• Netduma Staff

tried that no luck thou 

Can you have a look at your other thread you made about this issue :) That way the issues stay separate and we aren't replying on two different threads. Here is the link to your other thread.

I have order A HH4 and should be here tomorrow or Friday :D With my HH2 and the NET duma i cant seem to get Open NAT Type for the time being any Tips?

Why order a HH4 when you could of had a HH5? Ah well, each to their own :)

If on adsl why by a home hub at all , there are lots of quality routers on the market , like a second hand 7800n for £50 it eats NAT for breakfast :)

• Netduma Staff

Tbh, the HH might not be the best router, but its easy to use and it works - especially if another router is don't all the work. Although another router might be better, I would't worry - you will be fine with the HH4 if you set it up correctly :)

@SamC - I have BT Infinity2, 78 down/ 20 up & have a HH5. Wireless switched off! (HH5 does not have a modem mode but still perfoms fine as a modem per say). My R1 is hooked upto the HH5 & runs in a DMZ. Wireless on the R1 is ON. All PC's, devices connect to the R1 with a mixture of wired & wireless connections. All works really well.

I did try swap the HH5 out with a BT Openreach modem but wasn't that impressed with it (was barely getting 60 down so swapped it back to the HH5 & now back to approx 70/72 down. Although gaming doesn't require that much bandwidth, I need it as this is a busy household!

I would have a modem with modded FW to block BT agent over a HH any day :) It was G.inp you had an issue with gman not the modem it self.

My customers that call for assistance on BT have these routers and it boils down to them being the root cause most of the time :(

Moving on lol , samC has adsl.

Archived