Advanced Warfare. (Not throttled)

bagsta69

Hi yall, I have been having a few issues with AW for a few weeks now, The game was terrible over the weekend even when playing solo and I can only attribute this to clan wars and double xp weekend.
I thought as it was now over I would try a few games so set up my R1 as advised with 2 clicks up from lowest setting on geo filter then moved my home so as not to include Spain or Italy. (terrible lobbies )
I set ping assist to 50 ms as lets face it that is acceptable ping and congestion control to 80%.
Playing solo on Domination and capturing flags.
post-788-0-22771400-1433254201_thumb.jpg
post-788-0-64324800-1433254202_thumb.jpg
post-788-0-29271500-1433254238_thumb.jpg
The game played great.
After a few games a couple of friends joined my lobby and the game went back down the toilet. Not as bad but averaging a 1 kdr but really having to work for it.

The image below shows the difference between clan wars and not clan wars for me with the settings advised by the duma crew with no throttling of my bandwidth at all.

post-788-0-73865300-1433254715_thumb.jpg

One from UK where I am and one from Connecticut Eastern seaboard US. I have games with US friend for around two years now and my ping to him is between 80 and 110 MS and up untill the last 5 to 6 weeks we have had great games. I usually start a party and a chat party and invite people in.

bagsta my geo is tight over the uk with no Europe (starts to hum the final countdown in my head), sadly i can not get scotland in because of the shape of the circle it would be nice to make it an oblong , different shapes.

Any way I find plenty of games doing this oh and my ping assist is on 0

Most of my games are on the dedi on south Coast UK or Northern France. I try not to tighten the filters down too much to allow more people with good connections in those two games from the pics were on the French dedi

From having europe in my filter and having a 30ms ping assist in the past my games are much better for keeping it Uk only , we all see differnent results, just with you saying its been playing bad then tightening it has helped, i though you might want to try even tighter (thats what she said)

I would really love to have that option just tried to add that to the ticket system but I can not seem to add now , I have added in the past no problems.

To the OP- AW's MM system uses recent game performance as well as standard SBMM to find 'the best experience' lobbies. This means that unless you are already at the top tier of sbmm, then the players you get matched with will get better after approx. 5 real good matches. This also works in reverse so matches will get easier if you continue to not do well. This is added to sbmm so that players can theoretically play at any level of intensity and find the appropriate level of opponents to match. This of course has flaws, but at the same time it can be the cause of a streak of good games followed by a streak of bad games. Combine this with ever changing connection quality of each host, and it can either go unnoticed or it can hit you like a bag of bricks.

It was the the geo filter range over the uk missing out the Irish server for AW match's but it has gone on to work out great for all the old cods as i just have hosts in the uk at 316km range with ping assist off.

So non of that would apply to you unless you want to test out ping assist off (setting to 0)

To the OP- AW's MM system uses recent game performance as well as standard SBMM to find 'the best experience' lobbies. This means that unless you are already at the top tier of sbmm, then the players you get matched with will get better after approx. 5 real good matches. This also works in reverse so matches will get easier if you continue to not do well. This is added to sbmm so that players can theoretically play at any level of intensity and find the appropriate level of opponents to match. This of course has flaws, but at the same time it can be the cause of a streak of good games followed by a streak of bad games. Combine this with ever changing connection quality of each host, and it can either go unnoticed or it can hit you like a bag of bricks.

Whilst I appreciate the way the sbmm works etc it doesn't explain what I see in game. If I am outplayed by better players I am fine with that but when the game lags hard or plays great then lags half way through I don't think SBMM can be blamed.

There have been nights when myself and friends top the leaderboards after every game and then other nights where the game is literally unplayable. Im talking 70-100 kills down on the evening getting killed by people who are not even on my screen.

Knifing enemy players twice before they turn and shoot me.

I guess it is what it is but to spare my blood pressure if the game is not playing well after 4-5 games I have been switching back to black ops 1 and having a good laugh.

Even playing solo tdm I caught myself laughing out loud the other night whilst playing.

Though you are forcing yourself to be close to the host other players are still from all over the place making some games shoddy, AW match making sucks.

Though you are forcing yourself to be close to the host other players are still from all over the place making some games shoddy, AW match making sucks.

This is what I believe is the main problem. I have proof by just looking at the scoreboard during matches. When the game goes to shit (hit detection; insta-death), I notice a lot of three and two-bar players which means they shouldn't be playing in the same lobby as the rest of us with four-bar pings, but it is what it is.

I only do a maximum of three matches per night in different game modes because the game itself is just boring and all the Supply Drops are garbage thanks to the paid ones, now.

I'm really looking forward to the new feature(s) Ian, and the rest of the crew are cooking up because if what they hinted at on Twitter is true, so long CoD. I like CoD, and have been playing since the first one that didn't even have MP, but the games have become steadily worse over the years, IMO... Namely, the MM. If we can filter matches for CS:GO, bye bye CoD on consoles. CS may be a more "simple" game in terms of mechanics, but it requires actual skill versus CoD that has gone too far to the casual side, IMHO.

• Administrators

Hey Connor,

Just a heads up you can filter servers on CS:GO BUT and its a big one the competitve servers are in clusters and are all in the same location. So the filtering is kinda pointless for competitive mode. For casual it works perfectly!

Who are you on twitter btw? 

Hey Connor,

Just a heads up you can filter servers on CS:GO BUT and its a big one the competitve servers are in clusters and are all in the same location. So the filtering is kinda pointless for competitive mode. For casual it works perfectly!

Good to know, Ian  B)

I know the competitive MM in CS is non-traditional if you use Valve's system, but I also know they allow you to actually set ping limits as well with certain console commands. I'm just now getting back into CS from taking a long break, so I'm still learning the ins and outs, but it amazes me how well everything works compared to Activision.

Archived