Wi-Fi dropping out

Hi, I've just updated my Netduma in hopes that it would fix my issue but to no avail.

My Wi-Fi is dropping out on mine and my brothers phones. We originally thought it was an issue with the S6 as we both had them but now we both have the S8 and it's still happening. Our Wi-Fi will dropout after around 5 - 15 minutes of use (not sure on the exact time) and will no longer work unless we turn off our Wi-Fi on our phones and back on again. Rinse and repeat. This doesn't happen on my neighbor's Wi-Fi either.

Hope someone could shed some light on this.

ISP: Plusnet

Router version: 1.03.6g

uaNMRQS.png

Thanks,

Joshua.

It's still dropping out.

Are other wireless devices dropping out also?

I'm not sure as I don't use any other Wi-Fi devices, I could hook up my PS4 and try that.

Also try wpa-psk2 security. My MacBook kept dropping wifi till I changed the channel and the security setting. Everything else worked fine.

Will try that now, cheers.

Good luck, I have been suffering this for months and have done all the work arounds but with no joy.  It seems to have started to happen more so i've just decided to disconnect my R1 until the new software is released to see if that sorts the issue.

In addition to that mine has a really slow interface (Tried all the work arounds but it keeps coming back) and it keeps applying the profile with the sliders set to 60% rather than 100% on it's own randomly.

I will probably put it back on when WWII launches but at the min the agro is just not worth it.  Shame because I have had the early adopters edition from the 2nd batch of releases  

• Administrators

Good luck, I have been suffering this for months and have done all the work arounds but with no joy.  It seems to have started to happen more so i've just decided to disconnect my R1 until the new software is released to see if that sorts the issue.

In addition to that mine has a really slow interface (Tried all the work arounds but it keeps coming back) and it keeps applying the profile with the sliders set to 60% rather than 100% on it's own randomly.

I will probably put it back on when WWII launches but at the min the agro is just not worth it.  Shame because I have had the early adopters edition from the 2nd batch of releases  

I am happy to do a 1 on 1 with you to try and resolve your issues.

• Administrators

Ok so I'm pretty sure it's only happening when my brother is in the house so it's probably something to do with congestion on the network?

Can you narrow it down to a specific one of his devices? Perhaps an iPhone running a beta version of iOS?

• Administrators

We both have the Samsung S8. Everything else is on LAN.

Can you connect some other devices to the WiFi please and see if they have the same issue. I want to see if it's the R1 or the phones. Having a quick look online this seems to be a known issue with S8's as you can see here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/GalaxyS/thread-id/25838/page/1