skystream or other Android box

• Administrators

What you've set is applied to all devices so you're not using congestion control to mitigate any lag caused. As long as ALL devices are connected to the R1 then 70/70 anti-flood should prevent any buffering/lag

• Administrators

Ok I'll try 70 70. Does non gaming vs general gaming make any difference on these devices? Should I adjust the flower thing for any certain distribution?

Non gaming congestion control or Geo-filter won't be utilised. The congestion control not being used will have an affect on all devices. General gaming will lower anti-flood but I would just recommend setting it up manually, at least that is my personal preference. 

70/70 anti-flood is the least you should do. That will prevent any buffering/lag across all devices. Could go into more on the other CC settings but this will solve your issue. You could give the box some more bandwidth with share excess on but you could leave it as is.

• 2 months later...

I have tried your suggestion for a couple months and I can not tell a difference between any settings. The buffering is crazy. I am hardwired into the Duma, my speed tests are more than adequate. I have deleted cache and reset both modem and Duma. I have contacted skystream and they said my device is working perfectly.

Any more suggestions?

What you've set is applied to all devices so you're not using congestion control to mitigate any lag caused. As long as ALL devices are connected to the R1 then 70/70 anti-flood should prevent any buffering/lag

• Netduma Staff

I have tried your suggestion for a couple months and I can not tell a difference between any settings. The buffering is crazy. I am hardwired into the Duma, my speed tests are more than adequate. I have deleted cache and reset both modem and Duma. I have contacted skystream and they said my device is working perfectly.

Any more suggestions?

If you try your Skystream without the Netduma included in your setup, do you still get the same issues? What are your speeds, and what does your speed test say you're receiving? (Also, which device are you running the speed test on?)

The issues with your Skystream are unlikely to be caused by the Netduma - rather a general connection issue. Have you got a spare router you could try instead of the Netduma? At this stage, it is worth trying to narrow down the cause - and the first step is to remove the Netduma.

Ok I tried everything with no luck. I disconnected my Duma and used my ISP modem and router. The key was using the 5ghz instead of 2.4. Now I'm streaming 4k movies in 5.1 surround sound with no buffering.

Thanks for the help. I think the hardware has reached its peak with the current games and uses that i would have for the Duma. It was great for Black ops 3 but no use for it now.

I will keep an eye out for the next generation of the hardware and hopefully a better UI.

Best of luck to Fraser and the Duma team!

• Netduma Staff

Ok I tried everything with no luck. I disconnected my Duma and used my ISP modem and router. The key was using the 5ghz instead of 2.4. Now I'm streaming 4k movies in 5.1 surround sound with no buffering.

Thanks for the help. I think the hardware has reached its peak with the current games and uses that i would have for the Duma. It was great for Black ops 3 but no use for it now.

I will keep an eye out for the next generation of the hardware and hopefully a better UI.

Best of luck to Fraser and the Duma team!

Ah thank you for letting us know your solution! If you were able to select 5Ghz on the Netduma interface, it's possible you are on older firmware since the Netduma R1 doesn't work with 5Ghz. Please let us know if this is the case. I am glad you are having a better time streaming - DumaOS should be out soon so you'll get the better UI for free :)

• Netduma Staff

No.i turned on the 5ghz on my ISP router. 5ghz was the key. I have shelved the Duma for now.

Ah okay. I'm sorry to hear that - hopefully we'll get a router that supports 5GHz some day. You could still use the Netduma for the Geo-filter if you only connected your console to it, I know there's a few users who do that to make the most of it.

Please let us know if you have any more issues with the Netduma should you choose to still use it :)