Xfinity 1gbps Internet Download Speed?

Tomasino

Is the Netduma router compatible with speeds of 1000mbps download, I recently upgraded my modem and service, luckily they offer 1000mbps.  I tried setting it in the router and it will only save as 275mbps.  Will I get the full 1gbps or is the device going to throttle that?

(I have the netgear cm1000 docsis 3.1 modem).

Thanks, Ron

Is the Netduma router compatible with speeds of 1000mbps download, I recently upgraded my modem and service, luckily they offer 1000mbps.  I tried setting it in the router and it will only save as 275mbps.  Will I get the full 1gbps or is the device going to throttle that?

(I have the netgear cm1000 docsis 3.1 modem).

Thanks, Ron

First, I hate you. Wish they offered it here...

Second, it should be able to hit 900 Mbps if you set it up right.

I'd recommend doing a factory reset, then set your speeds to 1000 Mbps in congestion control and press Yes to auto configure the router.

• Administrators

Put 999 in the bandwidth settings, for some reason it won't accept 1000mbps and then allow it to auto setup for you as above. Make sure you're using Cat5e or Cat6 ethernet cables - if you use a Cat5 cable you won't get anywhere near that. 

I would also suggest going through this guide: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118518-Optimizing-Ethernet-Adapter-Settings-for-Maximum-Performance to ensure you receive the maximum speeds from your PC (specifically do the EEE option) and let us know how you get on.

Ok...  Need help!  I put the Netduma on factory reset, set bandwidth for internet connection to 999 download and 40 for upload, speedtests  are only topping out at 300mbps on fast.com and xfinity speedtest 35mbps.  So I decided to put a Netgear Router R7500V2 on the network instead replacing the NETDUMA just to eliminate it as the bottleneck.  The results were consistently above 850mbps at all the test sites with the Netgear R7500. So what do I need to do to get the Netduma to not throttle the bandwidth?  (BTW I had just the Netduma, modem and a gaming desktop (overpowered) when I tested both).  I am going pull the device for now until I can get some help.  

999 download and 40 upload

Un tick IPV6 in settings WAN & Settings LAN.

Misc settings Un tick deep packet processing.

Misc settings Tick super turbo mode

• Administrators

Double check everything is setup like this:

• Speeds input into bandwidth settings (don't let it auto setup for you)
  • Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet processing 
  • Turbo mode enabled
  • Super turbo mode enabled
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC 

A few other things that may help - disable everything from miscellaneous settings other than cookies and the turbo modes. Use automatic DNS rather than manual. Change the router time to your local time and apply.