Midwest Netduma Settings

DumaRocks

Would love if those near midwest USA could share there settings. I still can't get COD from forcing me onto other servers far away. If I restrict my radius I just get booted back to the main menu with a server reject.

Just curious, maybe there is a ticked box or something I am missing causing this to happen.

I get open nat and have low ping readings so my side seems ok but I am starting to think I either blocked from the nearest dedi's or my equipment is some how fooling the matchmaking into thinking I am in a different location, I don't get it.

• Administrators

If you're getting booted like that then it sounds like you don't have a single dedicated server within your radius. So you should expand your radius/move your home location to include one at least. Then strict on, PA 0 should force that every time. 

If that doesn't work post a screenshot and we can take a look.

If you're getting booted like that then it sounds like you don't have a single dedicated server within your radius. So you should expand your radius/move your home location to include one at least. Then strict on, PA 0 should force that every time. 

If that doesn't work post a screenshot and we can take a look.

I would normally agree with you but I have a two dedi's very close to me and have confirmed others are getting on these dedi's still. This has been going on since the DLC drops and it happened on the backend of the BO3 cycle before IW dropped.

I have been doing a lot of testing with different tick marks on the duma interface. I realize this might all be wasted effort if there is just something screwy with COD servers and and/or their matchmaking but I am determined to figure it out if there is anything i can do to fix it. On the COD forum there was a comment from someone that said they had a similar problem and they clicked on UPNP even when they already had an open nat and ports forwarded and that fixed their issue. I have been playing around with that but I might try testing it during day rather than at night to see if there is a difference.

My main goal here is to get away from the east coast servers, my experience on that dedi is horrible just about all the time. Not sure if it is cause I am facing people with better connections / pings because they have access to fiber and are closer to the server or if the server is just crappy or possibly since it is a easy coast, might be pulling players from outside the states. My pings are good for what I get so not sure why my experience there is so bad.

Months ago when I could get on the St Louis Dedi's on a regular basis, the connection were decent at least 30% to 40% of the time, not great but at least it was playable a chunk of the time. Now it is just about 90% to 100% of the time they are bad on east coast.

Just trying to see if I can force myself on to a closer dedi. It does show up on the map, it just never connects me to it. What is interesting too, there are times it will start the matchmaking west of me, I am in Illinois, than when the matchmaking is done it transfers us to the game server on the east coast vs deli's that are closer to the person that was hosting the matchmaking. 

The only other reason I could come up with is there is SBMM which because of my stats, I am forced onto other servers. I am maybe just above average at this game. I believe my global KD is 2.2 but a lot of that is due to my early camo grinds and completing challenges. Cause of how bad the connections are in this game I play almost primarily TDM and my KD there is 2.6 or 2.7. I am like 13 master prestige. I bring those up cause I wonder if the matchmaking is attempting to put me against other similar ranks or similar stats. All theory but I am just trying to figure this whole thing out. 

I don't get it, played Lawbreakers all weekend, not a single issue I can tell. Overwatch, not a single matchmaking issue, Battlefield not a single matchmaking issue. COD, I spend more time trying to figure out the matchmaking than playing the stupid game, why? LOL!|

Will do a few more tests today and than post some screen shots if I don't get anywhere.

Did a test of about 20 - 25 games give or take on COD IW TDM. 

About 10-15 of those I just got booted back to main menu.

1 Game put me on the closest Dedi to me which I believe is St. Louis (at least I am not 100% blocked from it). This is the best dedi in my experience for me.
4 - 5 I was put on a player host.

Didn't keep perfect score but this is consistent with what I have experienced over the last few months which is why I rarely play anymore.

Misc Settings
setting-misc1.png

My geo filter showing the St Louis Server I would like to force connection too but rarely ever get connected.

setting-geo1.png

Another shot of St Louis but never got connected on this attempt all though is seems like it tried.

setting-stlouis1.png

Just showing i have hyper setup for ps4.

setting-hyper1.png

CC Settings and my device priority is shared amongst all. Even when I block all device but my IMac and PS4 doesn't change anything.
setting-antiflood1.png

This the server it is constantly connects me to if I shut off geo filter or bump up the PA
setting-eastcoast1.png

I have my ports manually setup for 3074 and 9308 to my PS4 UDP. I do have open nat. Sometimes I do have to click off geo filter on start to get it.
My Download is around 80 and my upload is around 10 -12 (Cable: Comcast)
Using the TP Link 7620 all hardwired (only other devices are wi-fi) (internet -> TP Link 7620 -> to duma -> All other devices)

Usually ping anywhere from 8ms to 20ms. It fluctuate above that but that is my norm.

Under LAN tab: DHCP is Enabled, DNS Enabled, IPv6 Enabled, MTU Enabled.
UPnP tab (not the misc settings) is not enabled since I have the ports forwarded manually in port forwarding.

I think that covers just about all settings that might matter. Let me know if I forgot to mention something.

Oh by the way, I am in Chicago Illinois. I just moved my home location slightly to the west to try to get other areas and stay away from the East coast dedi.

I'm from SW Michigan right by the lakes were playing on the same dedi's.And you are right the East coast dedi's play horrible for me anyway.

My GF set up is just enough to catch the overflow dedi bank in Southern Illinois,it plays pretty well for me.So my geo just catches the bottom tip of Illinois,some of Wisconsin,Indiana and some of Michigan,radius is like 200 miles.So you could shrink yours considerably and never worry about finding a server, the Northern Illinois  dad bank is huge,I've counted at least 20 plus different dedi's in that bank.And then there's the overflow dedi down South.

From what I see the first thing I would change is kilometers to miles, it's not gonna change anything but you'll know what 200 miles looks like on your GF.With your GF being as big as it is I'm surprised you don't ever pick up the dedi's in Georgia,Bama,Texas and Louisiana.That's why I would say tighten your GF up but it's also nice to see how other dedi's play fro you but I when I do that I actually move my home location to that areas you can be specific.And by that I mean if you're trying to see how the deed's in Alabama play, with your GF that big you may never connect to it as there are bunch of other dedi's that you could connect to instead.

I would just have (and this is just my opinion) on your GF page strict mode and miles ticked.If you wanna ping the host (dedi) just manually do it, biggest circle.

All your other setting look good to me.

Just remember when you block a dedi (like on the East Coast) there is a 2 minute Anti Cheat feature that you have to wait for before it will take effect.

And what game are you playing IW,BO3 etc ?

Sorry about the wall of text, but with us living so close and being on the same console, there's no way you should ever not get into a game immediately without getting booted back to the lobby unless the dedi's were down and yes this has actually happened before,but doubt that is the case.

And the dedi in your screen shot isn't in St Louis,that's the overflow dedi in Southern Illinois I was talking about.

Noticed you have IPv6 enabled under Lan settings. Check your in your PS4 network settings to see if it has an IPv6 address assigned, if so you could be connecting to the Dedi outside your Geo Filter via IPv6. The Geo Filter only works for IPv4 addresses, All IPv6 options should be disabled in your settings.

Noticed you have IPv6 enabled under Lan settings. Check your in your PS4 network settings to see if it has an IPv6 address assigned, if so you could be connecting to the Dedi outside your Geo Filter via IPv6. The Geo Filter only works for IPv4 addresses, All IPv6 options should be disabled in your settings.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking where to find the settings for IPv6 on the PS4 Pro, can't find it in network settings  or anywhere else. I did untick the box for IPv6 on both WAN and LAN and it was already unchecked for MISC settings. Than restarted and even at my current radius of 759 mi / 1222 km I still can't find a game, it puts me in the lobby of match making and than kicks me out back to the main menu forcing me to choose a new match search. It seems as though the only server I am able to get on consistently is the east coast server and occasionally a player host.

Would doing a factory reset of PS4 Pro possibly help. Tempted to reinstall the game again and leave off the DLC off. To be honest, I am just trying to figure this out to determine if I am going to bother getting COD WW2, definitely not buying and future DLC packages though. Since this issue occurred both in BO3 somewhat and now even worse in IW, if I can't remedy it now, there is no reason to believe WW2 will be any different so I am leaning towards just not getting COD this year.

Also curious if all my testing is flagging me as a leaver of games and that could be creating more issues. Not sure if their matchmaking considers that. I know I have heard in OW if you are leaver their system tries to match you up with other leavers for a period of time. Not sure if that is rumor or any factual truth to it. Since all I have been doing over the past couple of weeks when I have a little free time is jumping into matches a bouncing out, without even spawning most of the time, not sure if that has direct effect on how I get matched up. However, I don't think so since it was doing this well before I ever started testing it, just putting another idea out there I guess.

Yeah, it is still messed up even after adding that one. I am testing this on IW though, not BO3.

The result were about 10 match tries I was player host on one and than put on other player hosts a couple of times but the rest of the time it just booted me back to main menu with some really long wait times to even find a match. That was when I had the radius covering pretty much all of the midwest all the way to most of Texas and cut off at top of Florida. It left East coast off. So no dice there.

Than I opened it up to the whole US. It would put me on player hosts on the east coast and noticed I was not always on a dedi, or at least not one recognized by duma but in the same area as the East coast dedi. It did add me to the dedi on east coast but not overtime. What is also interesting is it did the player hosted matchmaking in Texas than bounced us over to East Coast. Even so, I still got quite a lot of bounce backs to the main menu, not as much when my radius was smaller but still enough to be annoying even with all of US selected. 

It almost feels like COD thinks I am located on the East Coast. Could this be a modem (TC 7620) thing or could it be an ISP issue? My connection is good, my ping is good but could ISP fool COD servers / matchmaking into believing I am located somewhere else?

and for IW you'll need to port forward 3076 UDP for proper matchmaking.

So I have to do some more testing but that port for 3076 seems to be working better. Not 100% but anything is better than it was before so I will take that if that is the best I can get. Will do some thorough testing with these settings to be sure they hold.

On that note, does Modern Warfare Remastered have a specific ports that are different? Same issue I was having with that game. 

Appreciate the information, very helpful.

MWR uses 3076 UDP as well. Haven't had much luck with the Geo-filter and IW for quite some time now, it introduced a weird lobby host/ Dedi game host system awhile back where it searches for a lobby host then that host connects the lobby to the dedi. I much prefer the choice to connect to which dedi I want like in BO3 or MWR. 

MWR uses 3076 UDP as well. Haven't had much luck with the Geo-filter and IW for quite some time now, it introduced a weird lobby host/ Dedi game host system awhile back where it searches for a lobby host then that host connects the lobby to the dedi. I much prefer the choice to connect to which dedi I want like in BO3 or MWR. 

Yes, that I believe is one of my issues, I am really hoping WW2 doesn't do that assuming I attempt to get it. So what happens is it will throw me onto a player host sometimes half way across the country of where it puts you on the dedi. So like one example would be i was put on a player host for matchmaking and than flipped to East cost outside of my radius. I learned this cause on some tests I shut the filter off to see where it would put me and other tests I enabled resulting in a lot of kick backs to the main menu cause the player host would fit my settings and the end dedi would not.

Disable upnp forwarding in miscellaneous settings

Disable upnp/port forwarding on your isp hub

Do you have the rest of the ports for ps4 forwarded as that could cause an issue if not

What other ports? Right now the only ports I have forwarded (manually through the Port Forwarding in duma settings) is 3074 UDP, 3075 UDP (if I am playing BO3 which I really don't anymore) and 3076 (for IW or MW3) as suggested by arkitekmuzak on this thread. Are I also added 9308 UDP since that is what is added automatically if UPnP is enabled.

Any others that would be helpful? I play MW3 and IW on PS4 Pro and BO3 and BO2 on XB1 if the console per game matters.

I did make sure UPnP was shut off in Misc and the Settings options.

At this point IW is a loss cause. Even with all those ports forwarded, IPv6 shut off, UPnP shut off and even when I open up all of US, it still takes forever to find games there. It just keeps kicking back to the main menu most of the time. MWR, a game I pretty much get bored out of my mind playing, seems to be working OK.

Is there any chance this could be a matchmaking issue based off of in game stats? Why else would everyone have such a different experience and why would MWR be so drastically different.

I think I give up on COD.

At this point IW is a loss cause. Even with all those ports forwarded, IPv6 shut off, UPnP shut off and even when I open up all of US, it still takes forever to find games there. It just keeps kicking back to the main menu most of the time. MWR, a game I pretty much get bored out of my mind playing, seems to be working OK.

Is there any chance this could be a matchmaking issue based off of in game stats? Why else would everyone have such a different experience and why would MWR be so drastically different.

I think I give up on COD.

I'm having the exact same issue.  Located in Columbus, Ohio and always get stuck on east coast. When it comes to IW I have to disable geo filter and hope for the best.  Unfortunately that game has some of the worst matchmaking I've ever seen.  This router is a beast and I'm 100% positive WW2 will play much better.  PSN: FightFromVictory

• Administrators

I'm having the exact same issue.  Located in Columbus, Ohio and always get stuck on east coast. When it comes to IW I have to disable geo filter and hope for the best.  Unfortunately that game has some of the worst matchmaking I've ever seen.  This router is a beast and I'm 100% positive WW2 will play much better.  PSN: FightFromVictory

I see you haven't made a topic about any of your issues. Please do and we'll be happy to help.