Packet loss

hi all, having a slight issue with my netduma, when i run pingplotter i am seeing 50-70% packet loss from the netduma ip, i am with sky fibre so i have to run duma through the dmz of my sky hub, if i take the duma out and go through the sky hub i have no packet loss, i've tried different settings and a factory reset, any ideas? also noticed random ping spikes between 4 and 80ms when ping my netduma.

Have you switched out the ethernet cables connecting the R1 to the hub and R1 to devices?

Yes Fraser i have tried different ethernet cables but no change unfortunately.

Also are you running lower than a 2.5 interval ? if you are set to 2.5

Yes that is the default interval i think and i haven't changed it, also retested the sky hub and it happens on that as well 50-65% packet loss, it appears on the pingplotter list of hops a few seconds after the rest and remains a few packets behind.

Ive just noticed that my public ip is an ipv6 address, would this make any difference to pingplotter? its the first time they have'nt given my router an ipv4 address.

• Administrators

Okay if it's occurring direct from the Sky hub then it would indicate an issue with your hub or the line itself. I wouldn't have thought IPv6 would have an effect like that. Have you got a screenshot of the test direct from the hub?