Delete Device

so i had a guest over and they signed into my network, went to clean up my device list and cant delete because the router still thinks its active on the network. its been 24 hours since it has been on the network, seems a] it should not be active and b] i should be able to delete any device at any time for any reason.

thoughts? workarounds? i just blocked it... see if it will make it inactive.

Yes Akic I also have to reboot to delete, I just tried to add this as a ticket so we do not have to reboot but it looks adding has been disabled at the moment, that must be because of the spam it has been receiving.

probably the whole device manager could be reworked... there will be devices i know that are active that show as dormant, devices that are wired should up as wireless and vice-versa... etc. and devices that show as active that arent even on the network anymore. i have DHCP lease on 12 hours so it should renew devices still active/current and then make those inactive dormant without the need to reboot?

also the wiki and help sections are vacant for DHCL Lease page... is that just the last address? so 192.168.0.XXX the XXX goes into the Host Number box?

• Netduma Staff

Its already on the ticket system to remove devices after a certain amount of time. You can see it here.

What information would you need for the DHCP Lease page? The host number box is what you use to access the router. By fault it is '88' but if you changed it to lets say '1' then it would be '192.168.1.1' to access the router. Is that what you were asking? :)

DHCP Lease page looks to be IP reservations, so it would be the XXX [4th byte or Host ID] i noted to reserve that IP space for a particular device. at least that is what i am assuming. the 3rd byte you are talking about is part of the Network ID

The Host Number~Host ID shoud be the reserved number for a specific MAC address. not a huge issue, but page would probably be more self-explanatory if the Network ID preceded the Host Number box so it looked like 

192.168.1.[_____]

this is the box ^^

• Netduma Staff

DHCP Lease page looks to be IP reservations, so it would be the XXX [4th byte or Host ID] i noted to reserve that IP space for a particular device. at least that is what i am assuming. the 3rd byte you are talking about is part of the Network ID

The Host Number~Host ID shoud be the reserved number for a specific MAC address. not a huge issue, but page would probably be more self-explanatory if the Network ID preceded the Host Number box so it looked like 

192.168.1.[_____]

this is the box ^^

Ah, sorry, misunderstood what you were saying originally. Yes, I agree with what you are saying (if I am understanding correctly). I've added what I think you are saying to the system here. Is that what you meant? :)

• Netduma Staff

yeah, that works. probably similar to the LAN page Host Address section where you assign the Network ID. it should also probably be titled [DHCP Reservation] or [DHCP Static Lease]

I've also added the page name change to the ticket too.

yeah, that works. probably similar to the LAN page Host Address section where you assign the Network ID. it should also probably be titled [DHCP Reservation] or [DHCP Static Lease]

Yeah I found that confusing when I first got my R1.  DHCP lease sounds like lease time settings

Archived