Modem stops working periodically, must be unplugged to work again

http://www.hitron-americas.com/product/coda-4582/

http://www.hitron-americas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CODA-4582-Datasheet.pdf

Using the Netduma with the Hitron CGN3 resulted in the internet constantly shutting itself down, so I replaced my modem with the Hitron CODA-4582 and have not seen any improvements. The internet can stay on for anywhere from 2 minutes to a few hours, but both modems inevitably need to be unplugged and replugged throughout the day. 

I've heard that there's an issue with Energy Efficient Ethernet and the Netduma, but was unable to find an option to disable it. Both modems were run in bridge mode.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I couldn't find anything online that was very helpful regarding EEE on the Hitron. 

Is it wired or wireless devices that drop internet?

So if you reboot the R1 from miscellaneous settings without rebooting the Hitron do you regain internet? If not then the only way to regain internet is by rebooting the Hitron? If so that sounds more like an issue on that end. 

Just be connected direct to the Hitron for a day, do you get any of the same issues?

Hitron CGN3

That definitely uses the Intel Puma 6 chipset with EEE and all of it's problems, so that's probably why you had an issue with that... I don't know much about your new modem though. The only thing I can think of is bad signal levels? Can you post a screenshot of your modem power levels page for me to see? Usually it looks like this...

wiRuKM2.png

• Administrators

Signal strength and power look good to me, within acceptable levels I believe.

When the internet cuts are you still able to access the Duma interface? If so does it show a WAN IP in device manager?

• Administrators

Do you have DHCP enabled on the Hitron or have you given the R1 a static IP? Are there any other devices connected to the Hitron when the connection goes down and if so do they lose internet at all?

DHCP says it's disabled when I turn it to bridge mode (can't access hitron interface afterwards)

Only the R1 is connected. After the Duma's ethernet and wifi go down, if I plug the ethernet cable directly from the Hitron modem to my computer there's no signal. This never happens with the Hitron on it's own.

• Administrators

DHCP says it's disabled when I turn it to bridge mode (can't access hitron interface afterwards)

Only the R1 is connected. After the Duma's ethernet and wifi go down, if I plug the ethernet cable directly from the Hitron modem to my computer there's no signal. This never happens with the Hitron on it's own.

Okay so maybe a bridge mode issue. Put the Netduma WAN IP into the Hitron DMZ instead and disable it's WiFi then see if these drops continue to occur or not. If it doesn't have a DMZ port forward 1024-65535 to the R1 and that will have a similar effect.

• Administrators

Are you putting the 192.168.88.1 address in there? You should be putting the WAN IP that's in the Netduma device manager in there, as it's an IP address assigned by the Hitron you should have no issues inputting it into the DMZ.

i was vaccuming and it touched the duma and since i kept dropping 

reset my comcast modem and reput in bridge mode didn't fix my internet dropping

so instead of unplugging the duma i just hit the reset button and had to redo all my settings from ground up even had to redo my location but since its been fine not sure what happend

• Netduma Staff

i was vaccuming and it touched the duma and since i kept dropping 

reset my comcast modem and reput in bridge mode didn't fix my internet dropping

so instead of unplugging the duma i just hit the reset button and had to redo all my settings from ground up even had to redo my location but since its been fine not sure what happend

That's quite strange, but usually a reset will fix the issue. In the future you could save your settings to a profile and export them, meaning you won't have to redo all your settings.