speed problem

hello,

i have this speed issue for a week now, i have my full speed on the router then after 1 or 2 days the speed drops from 300 down and 150 up to 90 down and 90 up

i then reset the router to factory default settings and then i apply my settings to the router and the router works fine again

and after 1 or 2 days i get the same problem again my speed drops and i have to reset the router to get my full speed

i'm not sure what is the problem but it looks like i have to reset the router every few days to get my full speed 

thanks for the help in advance :)

hello,

i have this speed issue for a week now, i have my full speed on the router then after 1 or 2 days the speed drops from 300 down and 150 up to 90 down and 90 up

i then reset the router to factory default settings and then i apply my settings to the router and the router works fine again

and after 1 or 2 days i get the same problem again my speed drops and i have to reset the router to get my full speed

i'm not sure what is the problem but it looks like i have to reset the router every few days to get my full speed 

thanks for the help in advance :)

What modem do you have? Sounds like the EEE bug to me.

This from the router page

Manufacturer:Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd;

ProductClass:HG8244T

Can't really find any info on that modem. it seems to be very uncommon

Have you done a test directly from the Huawei to see if the speeds drop when using that without the Duma connected? 

can't do that cuz the modem on another room and i don't have a laptop to do it

is there anything else i can try?

• Administrators

can't do that cuz the modem on another room and i don't have a laptop to do it

is there anything else i can try?

Well that is the easiest way to confirm either way whether it's the Duma or not causing the issue. 

Does it happen during peak times or randomly?

Do you have settings done for max speed at the time when speed is reduced? Just as a reminder: 

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Well that is the easiest way to confirm either way whether it's the Duma or not causing the issue. 

Does it happen during peak times or randomly?

Do you have settings done for max speed at the time when speed is reduced? Just as a reminder: 

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

it is random 

and yes i checked the settings before i reset to factory defaults 

yesterday i got the same problem but a normal reboot fixed the speed issue

but sometimes normal reboot dose not fix the issue, and if i reboot manually by switching duma off and on it resets all the settings to defaults

• Administrators

I can do a 1 on 1 on Tuesday, so when the speed drops again don't reboot, factory reset etc so I can take a look while it's happening. 

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/

I can do a 1 on 1 on Tuesday, so when the speed drops again don't reboot, factory reset etc so I can take a look while it's happening. 

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11450-read-before-posting-a-1-on-1-request/

i have the problem now but i have to reset the router cuz my brother needs to play online 

i will post on the 1 on 1 forum but i can't grantee the problem will happen when we will be on the 1 on 1