Allowing certain hosts

WMThunder

Hi I just got my netduma and I am a big UMG and MLG game battles player. So I was wondering if I am playing a game battle and the host of my match is outside of my geo filter range hoe do I join this persons game?

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?do=search&id=allow+host

Reading this part of the wiki can be a little confusing. When I have a friend on who hasn't been added, I can tell because they show on my geo filter as a solid red circle. I then click on them (if they're in Wisconsin I know it's them for sure because they are the only one showing up). Then it says host descriptor below, type in whatever name you want (I use their first name) then slide the bar below to 100%.

If you need pics let me know and I'll take some screen shots. I don't have much now (I'm at work).

• Netduma Staff

When your playing gamebattles, it would make sense just to disable the GeoFilter. You can still ping the host and do all the other things when it is disabled, it just means nothing will be blocked which is what you would need.

Not wanting to take this too much off topic, but when i connect to a dedicated server, it seems that there is no large red circle showing up on the Geofilter. Also if i try to add this server to the Deny Allow section. It does not seem to add it at all. ids this correct? 

• Netduma Staff

Not wanting to take this too much off topic, but when i connect to a dedicated server, it seems that there is no large red circle showing up on the Geofilter. Also if i try to add this server to the Deny Allow section. It does not seem to add it at all. ids this correct? 

Yes, thats correct. You can not rate servers as blocking one can stop the game from working as intended all together :)

So when i connect to a host, and above the ping graph, the update box does not show up, it means that i am connected to a dedicated server?

the update box only shows up when I am connected to a host that is P2P ? 

• Netduma Staff

So when i connect to a host, and above the ping graph, the update box does not show up, it means that i am connected to a dedicated server?

the update box only shows up when I am connected to a host that is P2P ? 

That is correct :)

Then I must say that Dedicated servers play like crap. When i get a P2P connection even at a higher ping, its way better than a dedicated server at a lower ping.

Some dedicated servers that I ping 30ms to, are just awful. i guess they use Walmart Dedis...................LOL

^^^ i hear you loud and clear there.

i'd heard and believed so much of the gibber that'd been bandied about on how dedi's would be our saviour.

it was almost like that moment in breaking bad where hank realises that walter is heisenburg  when i sussed that it wasn't actually the case lol.

Haha yes the dedis are awful, I find it amusing that people on official cod forums scream out for dedis then you come here and people who know they have played on them prefer p2p/listen servers

Haha yes the dedis are awful, I find it amusing that people on official cod forums scream out for dedis then you come here and people who know they have played on them prefer p2p/listen servers

This is because the average CoD player thinks a dedicated server will make the game more playable, and they usually do. Activision, however, uses crappy servers, so P2P... I guess they are called "listen servers" now... Is now the preferred place to play if you have a Netduma.

Most dedicated servers DO make online games more stable and playable a.k.a. fair... Like Titanfall, BF, etc... depending on distance to the server. Activision is just cheap and instead has junk servers and then puts the majority of the load on P2P. This is not going to change, unfortunately.

Archived