please help

OK so when im playing cod i dont seem to get very good hit detection, Ping diagnostics: Ping = Good-23ms : Jitter=Exceptional :Spikes= Exceptional and my Packet loss= No Loss. i have reactive on because i have 100down/40up, i do dsl reports and alot of the tests that i have done i was getting 9-10 ms on the up and down but when the results stopped it said Buffer bloat was only and A everything else was A+, my geo settings are: ping assist 0 and the distance to 1000km. my misc settings= turbo mode and cookies. i thought i would have a nice hit detection. the normal speedtest website my ping is between 9-11 ping.

i'm  hoping someone can figure out whats wrong. cheers:)

have you altered your sliders from 100% to get an A+? on my connection i set the download to 99% and adjust the upload slider downwards by 3& until i get an A+ as it is the upload that can cause issues with bufferbloat (well, for me anyway). 

Are you using the ps4 in hypertraffic? I also noticed from your other post that you are using a netgear nighthawk modem router........i had the nighthawk D7000 modem/router and had it less than 24 hours before returning it to the shop as it is a bag of shite (all netgear stuff is!!!!).  

I see your are in aus so if you are on dsl I suggest getting a modem such as the draytek vigor 130 which is what I use here and it works flawlessly with no config. All I do is connect it to phone socket, connect to netduma once it has dsl connection, enter my pppoe login into netduma WAN and BOOOOOM I am up n running.

Theres a lot to be said about netgear as it is so crap (mainly firmware) and as it is a modem/router you cannot flash it to dd-wrt or openwrt which would solve your nighthawk issue.

have you altered your sliders from 100% to get an A+? on my connection i set the download to 99% and adjust the upload slider downwards by 3& until i get an A+ as it is the upload that can cause issues with bufferbloat (well, for me anyway).

Are you using the ps4 in hypertraffic? I also noticed from your other post that you are using a netgear nighthawk modem router........i had the nighthawk D7000 modem/router and had it less than 24 hours before returning it to the shop as it is a bag of shite (all netgear stuff is!!!!).

I see your are in aus so if you are on dsl I suggest getting a modem such as the draytek vigor 130 which is what I use here and it works flawlessly with no config. All I do is connect it to phone socket, connect to netduma once it has dsl connection, enter my pppoe login into netduma WAN and BOOOOOM I am up n running.

Theres a lot to be said about netgear as it is so crap (mainly firmware) and as it is a modem/router you cannot flash it to dd-wrt or openwrt which would solve your nighthawk issue.

I have a asus modem/ router, would that be better to plug in ??

I have a asus modem/ router, would that be better to plug in ??

it would be best if you just had a modem, rather than a modem router, unless you know how to add duma to the dmz and disable all unnecessary functions, such as wifi, upnp port forwarding and firewall and set it all up on the netduma. A proper standalone modem would be better than a modem/router combo!

Please stop making multiple threads about the same issue. Post the screenshots from here and we can best advise: 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

I think a pinned post in general support requesting that users should not create multiple threads regarding the same issue.......apart from it being annoying it is also hard to keep track of the progress and suggestions.

• Administrators

I think a pinned post in general support requesting that users should not create multiple threads regarding the same issue.......apart from it being annoying it is also hard to keep track of the progress and suggestions.

I don't think that would help unfortunately. Based on attempts to get people to post in General Support/follow a post structure. Doesn't happen too much. I will move this to General Support though.

it would be best if you just had a modem, rather than a modem router, unless you know how to add duma to the dmz and disable all unnecessary functions, such as wifi, upnp port forwarding and firewall and set it all up on the netduma. A proper standalone modem would be better than a modem/router combo!

when i buy this do u think it will help with my hit detection and what is the ppoe and wat would i put in the wan?

it depends on what type of connection you have. If it is vdsl then your own modem would be better. You would have to contact your isp and ask them for your modem login details (usually pppoe). Ask them to give it to you or alternatively search their forum and see if it is just a standard pppoe login such as BT here in the UK.

Make sure you contact your isp before buying your own modem or search their community forum so you do not waste money. 

If you do get the pppoe login details then all you do is connect your new modem to the phone socket and switch it on and wait for the dsl light to stop flashing, connect your netduma, navigate to wan, input the username and password for pppoe lgin and apply, it is that simple. No team view needed it is so easy.

are you sing an isp modem/router or did you buy your own such as a netgear nighthawk or asus modem/router?  If you bought your own you must have entered login details for it to connect to the internet......that is pppoe login!