Router self reboot

Let me ask this question while we are at it. TP Link offers the same router but is 16x4. Even though I don't have have speeds higher than 75mbps, does a 16 channel router benefit me? Theoretically it should right...?

Let me ask this question while we are at it. TP Link offers the same router but is 16x4. Even though I don't have have speeds higher than 75mbps, does a 16 channel router benefit me? Theoretically it should right...?

NOPE... it won't work lol only the TC-7610 is confirmed working with the Netduma. The 7620 (which is what I believe you are referring to) does not work nicely with the Netduma. If you did that you might as well stick with the broken modem you have already lol

I have the 7610 on Comcast Blast with 240 down and 10 up... It can theoretically go to 343 down and 143 up so I think you're good lol

From a technical standpoint, yes usually more channels is better. But not always. It could make it worse too. Say you were in my situation where channels 1-24 were trash and 25-32 were clean. My 8x4 modem would only connect to the good channels, where a 16x4 or 32x8 modem will mix the good and bad channels causing you issues.

I was referring to the 7620. Thanks for the insite it makes a lot of sense. I should be able to tell what channels I'm connected to good or bad through the modems GUI? If that is the case all channels looked to be in the acceptable range.

I was referring to the 7620. Thanks for the insite it makes a lot of sense. I should be able to tell what channels I'm connected to good or bad through the modems GUI? If that is the case all channels looked to be in the acceptable range.

You can see what the signal is on the channels, but not noise or anything like that.

It was just something I measured over time for my area. That's something you can test once you get the 7610. On channels 25-32 for me I had a more stable ping. But literally every street could have different results

I will measure what I can perhaps I'll measure the results between now and when the modem arrives. Then I'll record the new modems readings and post it all in a different thread.

Back to subject of the thread lol...

I factory reset the router and all is well. Destiny works again. I was not able to connect to destiny only. I was able to play COD IW and Titanfall but not destiny. Obviously it's a destiny issue when the router self reboots.

Anyway thanks for all the helpful insite to all!

The Arris SB 6183 and 8200 use Broadcom chip sets and are great modems as well if you want to check them out. The 8200 just released.

Stand alone modem is preferred with the R1 router.

You can see what the signal is on the channels, but not noise or anything like that.

It was just something I measured over time for my area. That's something you can test once you get the 7610. On channels 25-32 for me I had a more stable ping. But literally every street could have different results

I can however check signal to noise ratios and mine are pretty good. They are within range, I just checked. If i remember I'll make another thread in technobabble and post my pre and post results with 7610.