stupid question

Ste

I've had the R1 a while now.

But some thing doesn't seem right or its me miss understanding what its doing.

The Geo Filter works wonders.

But its more about the congestion control.

I was under the impression, 

Device - xbox / ps4, i could give that 100% of the connection and no other device would be able to use the internet when it was on ?

Or I could share out bandwith.

But when I do this, my computer etc, still get the full connection as if there was no control on, when I test it.

I've been getting more and more lag recently and I can't quite understand it when my ping is 20!

I'm in Uk and my service provider is Plusnet.

It doesn't matter if I set it at 100% or 70% it still stays the same.

May be I'm just misunderstanding what its supposed to be doing.

• Netduma Staff

You mean the device prioritisation I assume? If you have 'share excess' ticked then other devices will be able to use the bandwidth of other devices that aren't using their allocated amount.

If your lagging though, it would be useful to see the information listed here :)

Your talking about device prioritisation pie sliding it up to 100% ? then that would just be upload only that you are altering not the download.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but plusnet have been having considerable issues for a while now (load balancing issues on gateways).

Maybe it could be related to that if you've noticed a degradation in last 6-8 weeks.

• Administrators

As Zennon & Crossy mentioned its upload only & you have the "share excess" option which means other devices can borrow. Untick share excess and they wont be able to.

If you are having trouble with lag please post the info requested in that thread, although 20ms ping is about as good as it gets Ste.

At least ' not with talktalk and sky, they've been off for a while round here lol.

Iain yeah it is good, just seems odd lately, keep getting pushed into 1 bar lobbies on cod.

As Zennon & Crossy mentioned its upload only & you have the "share excess" option which means other devices can borrow. Untick share excess and they wont be able to.

If you are having trouble with lag please post the info requested in that thread, although 20ms ping is about as good as it gets Ste.

I refuse to play on 20ms lol 10-14 for me :)

Archived