Back to Moderate

And we are back to MODERATE... I'm so tired... just so exhausted.

R1:

GEO Filter is off

Port Forwarding: Off (No Entries)

UPnP: Enabled (1 Rule created when entering COD IW)

Miscellaneous UPnP Forwarding: Disabled

Primary Router:

R1 Wan in DMZ

UPnP Disabled

Port Forwarding: Off (No Entries)

My ISP is Verizon. I do have a 300/300 line and I am able to have them provision directly into the NetDuma R1... last time I had that however I was unable to achieve an Open Nat type as well... 

If you had UPnP enabled and they used the R1 as the terminating device then they have something upstream blocking your ports.  

Verizon what? FIOS? Is there an ONT? Is it routing traffic? Do you have tv service as well through this device?UPNP can be a fickle bitch. Basically it allows programs to request a port open from the inside vs having the port always open as in a manual port forward rule. It can time out, be blocked, sometimes they simply just fail to drop the assignments and need to be refreshed. But if you truly had the R1 first and no other router upstream then something the ISP is doing has caused your issue intermittent or not. 

I also get a Moderate NAT on IW (I play on PS4)

The game fails to open port 3074 correctly.

To get around this I do the following:

1. Load MWR (if you have it)
  2. Select Multiplayer from Main Menu
  3. Back out to the Main Menu
  4. On Main Menu select play Infinite Warfare
  5. MWR closes & IW loads

This then gives me an open NAT. Obviously this will only work if you play on PS4 & have MWR, if you haven't try loading BO3 first.

AND THE WINNER OF ALL THE FORUM TOPICS FOR ALL IW GOES TO: "TryHardUndies"

I've created a DB link of what the UPnP settings create for MW which it fails to do so correctly for IW....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjhbqikcfm3c2u4/Capture.PNG?dl=0

BTW for those who are asking about what VERIZON Router I'm using... I'm not... I refuse to use a VERIZON router... I have the Duma why plug into anything else??? If the Duma can DMZ on it's own... if it has it's own FW protections built inside... why not go directly to the source... thus... the RJ5/CAT6 is plugged directly and provisioned to the Duma. All the settings above in the initial comment stand the same... Port Forwarding Disabled, UPnP Enabled, UPnP Forwarding Disabled. So with that in mind, a patch may be on the forefront of someone's mind??? This solution will fix EVERYONES IW problems... GOOD FIND Undies, Good Find... You are a scholar and AND a Gentleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!