Router problem limiting Port to 5mb download

• Netduma Staff

Thats for use on your own web server, no good as you would need them all over the world as Iain pointed out.

It would be good if the mini had a gui to their site but sadly it does not look like it does.

Ah, thats my fault. I thought that mini thing linked to their servers - like a widget you could put on your site for speed tests. I guess it might be possible to have the Netduma do the speedtest on ookla for you and post the results back but there are probably legal issues etc. Not a major feature anyway - its just one of those things that one day might be nice to have :)

• Administrators

I think a link to speedtest is a good idea. Most people have figured it out on their own, maybe a link that resets Anti-flood first ? 

• Netduma Staff

I think a link to speedtest is a good idea. Most people have figured it out on their own, maybe a link that resets Anti-flood first ? 

Perhaps a button on the internet diagnostics page which sets everything to 100% and blocks all devices apart from the one that is accessing the duma to do the test for 1 minute then it puts everything back to normal.

That way the test are accurate and you don't have to go and put everything back how you like it - the duma would do it for you :)

i was thinking the same as the ping test... yes, where it disables everything and runs from the router.

crossy, that link cant be used for commercial purposes. and the one i linked to costs money than cisco can afford...

i think if you did a page, even if it wasnt FROM the router, it temporarily disabled all settings.

• Netduma Staff

i was thinking the same as the ping test... yes, where it disables everything and runs from the router.

crossy, that link cant be used for commercial purposes. and the one i linked to costs money than cisco can afford...

i think if you did a page, even if it wasnt FROM the router, it temporarily disabled all settings.

Yeah, I saw the non commercial thing but there was a link to a commercial part. I didn't check it out but I thought it would be a starting point if they did want to implement it. But when posting it I didn't realise it ran of your own servers - I thought it was widget that linked to the Ookla servers :)

Archived