Connection issues

Mcwood22

Although not the best cod player in the world I averaged a kd of 1.5,but in the two months of connecting my netduma router it's dropped to 1.3 just seem to keep losing gun battles one after the other just feel that something is not quite right,I have my superhub in modem mode and have followed all the tour guides,any help would be great

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As I advised on Twitter please include the screenshots from this guide, it will enable us to help you more efficiently http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-

How to take a screenshot and upload it: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022394-how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-

• Administrators

That is great thank you, also the following:

Post a screenshot of the top of the Host Filtering page.
Post a screenshot of your Geo-Filter when in a game.
Post a screenshot of your entire Congestion Control page please including hyper traffic.
Post a screenshot of a typical ping graph (not anomaly games).

• Administrators

No need, I can see the issues from the screenshots you've provided already.

Okay so firstly, you're probably not getting your full speeds right now even with anti-flood to set to 100% so first follow this:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

You should then have full speeds. Make sure to go back to 70/70 anti-flood though when gaming/using the internet intensively. Ensure all devices in your home are connected to the R1 otherwise it will not work correctly. 

On the Geo-filter, you're filtering just using port 80. This is web traffic and will not correctly filter for games. Just like hyper traffic use the Playstation service on the Geo-filter. I would also recommend enabling strict mode, expanding your radius to about 1000km and lowering ping assist to 0ms. 

Your internet diagnostics is quite concerning, your minimum base ping is around 20ms, so straight away you won't get a game ping under this. However, your base ping seems to be spiking/fluctuating up to 50ms. Then add your game ping on top of that and it wouldn't be great. 

Would recommend running a Ping Plotter test to something like Bbc.co.uk or another UK website over different days/times and see if it shows the same.

No not really, you need to contact your isp and tell them that you have major issues on your line, where do you live?

Who is your isp, what package do you pay for etc.

Either you are taking the piss or I would have serious words with your isp.

Are you dsl, adsl, fibre, cable?

It looks like somebody is trying to defibrillator your line back to life every few seconds.

You need to find out why there is a high ping to your Netduma first, this is before it is leaving the network.

Please test directly from the modem with ping plotter before you do anything else so we can see if your hub is faulty, thank you.

After this we can suggest you move from Virgin cable as they do have jitter issues especially on the newest hub which has the docsis 3 CPU issue.

attachicon.gifScreenshot (14).pngattachicon.gifScreenshot (15).pnghave a look at these to see if these are better

Yes that has fixed the Netduma hop.

It looks like a standard bad Virgin cable plot.

I recommend BT or TalkTalk fibre but do not use an ISP modem router combo as they are not great in my opinion.