Need some advice...

fuzzy clam

...I'm gonna have to go back to cable  next month (charter) for an ISP,I know I'm not happy about it.There is a good reason IMO I got a dedicated gaming line last year from them and they said that fiber would be available for me buy fall, which seemed reasonable as I've got it with in a half mile of me.So a year later they can't up my speeds on DSL and NO fiber in the foreseeable future.

So I was informed that the new price as of February 22 would increase from 21.99 a month to 74.99 plus 7 dollars a month for the modem / router combo that is exclusive to AT&T ,no getting around using it.So that's 82.00 dollars a month from 22,and it won't run my house as I can only get 15 / 2 from them.And I'm not paying that much for that little internet so...

The question I have is since I'm gonna buy a new modem and router any suggestions that are in current set up's used with the duma now.I was thinking for modem...TP link 7610 E or the Zoom 5341 J

And for routers not really sure maybe TP link archer C-7 (AC1750) or Netgear nighthawk R6700 

My speeds are only gonna be 65 / 5 so not fast but gonna get a new modem and router anyway.Not looking for anything crazy expensive just something dependable and with as few headaches as possible... :D

Suggestions ?

that the new price as of February 22 would increase from 21.99 a month to 74.99 plus 7 dollars a month

Whaaaaat!?

Does it come with a Victoria's Secret model of your choice or something?

I've got an old Asus RT-N66U (flashed with Merlin) which works very well with the Netduma but I only use it as an access point.

Think Zen has a Billion something-or-other which he finds works very well too.

But as far as compatibility with that modem, and that modem with the Netduma, that's not my area of expertise at all.

Will you be using the router simply as an AP after the Netduma or will you be using it's router functionality before the Netduma?

No but it should and would definitely keep the service if it did... :D

And I'll use the router after the duma in AP so I get get the 5g speeds to the rest of the house.That's how I had it set up before and worked like a champ aside from the garbage cable, and yes I'm not happy about going back to cable but just can't justify the price for the speeds just for gaming plus I feel I was mislead (which I was) but it's more of a "just doesn't make sense" thing for me.

I'll just play on cable again and I already know how that will go but figured a different modem and router might make a slight difference as it can't get any worse... :angry:

Hey Fuzzy be careful on what modem you buy, I don't know if you've read this thread here on the forum

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19334-intels-puma-6-chipset-suffers-from-latency-jitter-fix-soon/

Some modems have terrible jitter and spikes.

Yeah I did read it when it was posted but couldn't find the damn thing again when I was doing my research so thanks for posting the link.

I still think we need to make a sticky listing the modems that have known issues but agin maybe we already did and my dumbass just can't find it... :huh:

Yeah I did read it when it was posted but couldn't find the damn thing again when I was doing my research so thanks for posting the link.

I still think we need to make a sticky listing the modems that have known issues but agin maybe we already did and my dumbass just can't find it... :huh:

I don't believe there ever was one Fuzzy. But it would be a great idea. To either list the ones that have issues or list the ones that don't. It probably would save a lot of people a lot of money.

...I'm gonna have to go back to cable  next month (charter) for an ISP,I know I'm not happy about it.There is a good reason IMO I got a dedicated gaming line last year from them and they said that fiber would be available for me buy fall, which seemed reasonable as I've got it with in a half mile of me.So a year later they can't up my speeds on DSL and NO fiber in the foreseeable future.

So I was informed that the new price as of February 22 would increase from 21.99 a month to 74.99 plus 7 dollars a month for the modem / router combo that is exclusive to AT&T ,no getting around using it.So that's 82.00 dollars a month from 22,and it won't run my house as I can only get 15 / 2 from them.And I'm not paying that much for that little internet so...

The question I have is since I'm gonna buy a new modem and router any suggestions that are in current set up's used with the duma now.I was thinking for modem...TP link 7610 E or the Zoom 5341 J

And for routers not really sure maybe TP link archer C-7 (AC1750) or Netgear nighthawk R6700 

My speeds are only gonna be 65 / 5 so not fast but gonna get a new modem and router anyway.Not looking for anything crazy expensive just something dependable and with as few headaches as possible... :D

Suggestions ?

I've tried at least 4 modems with the R1 and the TP Link 7610 has been the best by far. 

Zero issues between the R1 and it. 

It will handle 343mb down and 143mb up.

Archived