Having issues with netduma

Hi,

I'm new to forums, I would like to apologize in advance if i'm posting in the incorrect section.

I've been using netduma router for the past 3-4 days. I've pretty much read every guide that there is but still seem to be having issues. One of them is while playing IW, it seems that it takes twice as many bullets for me to kill my opponent while i die really fast. I've tried tweaking the geo filter many times but this problem is not going away. Another issue is that I keep getting connected to the same server cluster despite temporarily banning different servers.

I'm hoping if anyone can provide guidance in resolving this issue.

one of the servers ID is 6fd117e26e0ed9de distane 553 KMs
Network configuration: modem->r1->second router (AP mode)
Using PS4 console which is wire connected to r1

Nat type is OPEN in IW

just applied the changes you recommended and it keeps connecting me to server 6fd1fbc66e0ed9de. I lag on this server, tried temp banning it but i keep connecting to it even though i waited 2 minutes before queuing again for match. :/   

I'll keep testing it today.

• Administrators

If you temporarily banned that one you won't be connecting to it again but rather a different server in that location - the ID will be different. You can move your home location and force a different server if that location doesn't work well for you.

• Netduma Staff

just applied the changes you recommended and it keeps connecting me to server 6fd1fbc66e0ed9de. I lag on this server, tried temp banning it but i keep connecting to it even though i waited 2 minutes before queuing again for match. :/   

I'll keep testing it today.

Hey, just wanted to check if you're still connecting to the same server?

Jack thanks for the follow up. Banning the server wasn't working for me as it belonged to a server cluster some where in New York and I was occasionally lagging on it with extremely poor hit detection. Even though that's the closest dedicated server for my location. I finally decided to change my home location from Ontario to Illinois and I have been having good results so far. Though it's strange that I would lag on the dedicated server closest to me.

• Netduma Staff

Jack thanks for the follow up. Banning the server wasn't working for me as it belonged to a server cluster some where in New York and I was occasionally lagging on it with extremely poor hit detection. Even though that's the closest dedicated server for my location. I finally decided to change my home location from Ontario to Illinois and I have been having good results so far. Though it's strange that I would lag on the dedicated server closest to me.

That is strange; if you connect to it again keep an eye on your ping and let us know. Make sure you use ping assist when you've got your home location somewhere else. If you keep having issues we'll help you out :)

I'm doing great with ping assist 0 and home location changed. If you insist I can try ping assist set to 30 and gradually increase it up to 50 so see how it goes and set my home location back to Ontario. it's just frustrating seeing killed by 2 shots, whereas you have to empty the whole mag to kill someone.

• Netduma Staff

I'm doing great with ping assist 0 and home location changed. If you insist I can try ping assist set to 30 and gradually increase it up to 50 so see how it goes and set my home location back to Ontario. it's just frustrating seeing killed by 2 shots, whereas you have to empty the whole mag to kill someone.

If you're doing great then leave it be; everyone has a different connection. It's great to hear that you're getting better games.

Archived