muti-xbox ones

ware

i just purchase the router i get it in tomorrow, but i was want to know the best way to run the router with are setup for best gaming experience possibly. modem is a docsis 3.0 sb6190 and a wrt1900acsv2 router with dd wrt firmare and netgear 16 port switch. we have alot of devices that connect to wifi and  5 xbox one are wired and 2 tvs that are wired. bought the netduma because we experience alot of lagging on fps games or it seems people are way ahead of us we get 150 dn and 15 up from are isp provider just wanna get some people p.o.v that maybe dealt with this kind of situation thanks for any input.

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum! Thanks for letting us know your set-up; it's great that you're playing wired. Try checking out this guide: https://netduma.com/blog/call-of-duty-lag-fix-guide/

It's worth taking a look at your ping in the game. What's the average ping you get? Also, what games do you play? Each game has a different server set-up, so it's worth configuring the Geofilter differently depending on what you play. I linked you the call of duty guide since it's pretty general. Try using the CoD Ultimate profile as well; that'll ensure that you only get put into servers with the best ping no matter where they are.

Are all 5 Xbox's playing at the same time? We'd recommend resetting your device prioritisation, but it's worth saying that even with that many Xbox's playing, you'll hardly use up any bandwidth. You'll easily be able to avoid local congestion with those speeds.

I have so many devices connected to my netduma that the device manager ran out of colours to assign my devices. ;-) 

I have 4 xbox ones and play destiny regularly with a local fireteam (all my network) all with open nat. I have cable internet 115mbps down and 2.5mbps up. My cable modem is connected to my netduma, then the netduma is connected to a 24 port switch and a netgear nighthawk router for wifi. I use UPNP (because port forwarding is no good for multiple consoles) and have my bandwidth control set to 95 and 90. 

Archived