Any idea why this happens?

iAmMoDBoX

Ok, so your not getting an IP in WAN IP. Just to check this is following the instructions I sent waiting 25 seconds before trying to connect? :)

Yeah no wan ip now that the asus is giving a dynamic ip (even though it's the same one as the static ip I set)

It's minutes later and there's still no internet access or wan ip showing up

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Yeah no wan ip now that the asus is giving a dynamic ip (even though it's the same one as the static ip I set)

It's minutes later and there's still no internet access or wan ip showing up

And you restarted the Asus as well in the order of the instructions? :)

And you restarted the Asus as well in the order of the instructions? :)

Yeah it's very stubborn with IPs it will always assign the same IP to the same device even if it's been disconnected for days or weeks. It has a very good memory lol

Forgive me is i have missed this from the thread, Have you ever tried it without the asus connected to the network to see if it that knocking the duma for 6?

If that does not fix have you tried different cat5e or cat6 cables running from the modem onward's to rule out a dodgy one?

This could sound crazy but is it possibly the ethernet wire? I just switched from the short red cable that the netduma came with to an old ethernet I had lying around and it's working fine after 9 power cycles so far.

Edit: Nevermind, 17 power cycles later and it's back to not working.... Bed time for me now.

Cool , yeah ethernet cables are funny things i tthrow loads out at work when i am fixing pcs they just stop working correctly.

I hope thats your troubles sorted :)

• Administrators

Erm this is such a weird one. Let me try catch you in chat once everything is sorted in office. You still wake at ridiculous times i.e. early morning UK? 

Erm this is such a weird one. Let me try catch you in chat once everything is sorted in office. You still wake at ridiculous times i.e. early morning UK? 

Depends on the day, but sure just let me know when's good.

Archived