Wrong power adaptor PROVIDED

I am literally so pissed. I asked on Amazon.co.uk support if Netduma provides coverage for my country which is Finland. Yes they do and yes it does work my ISP.Netduma is the seller and Fulfilled by Amazon.

I am now UNABLE to use my 180 euros worth machine because it has WRONG POWER CABLE!!! How is that even possible? I live in ADSL household and the place where you stick in that thing is very small and the one that came with Netduma is way too funking BIG.

How can I get new one? Why did this happen to me? I waited for like 12 days the shipment and now this?

LoL this is too funny.  I am sorry to hear about your issue but reading it I had a good laugh.  I am sure they can and they do quickly help you out and take care of you! 

Good Luck

Thank You

Why did you laugh? :D I am a bit worried that Netduma won't help me out because I didn't order directly from them :) Amazon declines to replace item, insists me to return back and shit. FML. Then wait 15 days for them to get it back, 15 days to get it sorted and 30 days to get money back.

In Finland, the consumer protection law is so damn good, other countries.. shit. Literally.

Why did you laugh? :D I am a bit worried that Netduma won't help me out because I didn't order directly from them :) Amazon declines to replace item, insists me to return back and shit. FML. SRLY.

I laugh because you make it funny.  Granted I understand the annoyance, discomfort etc at having to deal with this lol....but it is not the end of the world.  I think NetDuma people will help you at least I hope they do.  I don't know 100% if they will.  Although might be Amazon that you have to deal with. 

I will provide later today pictures what do I mean it doesn't fit there. Picture of the "mains outlet" (as stated in manual) where I am supposed to plug netduma power adaptor or wht ever is it.

ON the manual, step 5 is the one I cannot complete.

"Plug your Netduma power cable into the samll round inlet at the back of your Netduma router and plug the other end into a mains outlet. IF your mains outlet has a switch, ensure it is on. Both your ISP hub and your Netduma router should now be switched on"

I can't plug the other end of the power cable into a mains outlet because the end of the power cable is too huge for power cable.

Sorry if poorly explained, I don't even know what is main outlet in my own language. Yet I don't know what it means in english but I suppose it is what I mean :D :)

Hi Angryuser - Sorry to hear that you are angry before getting to see the performance.

If the power adapter is indeed the wrong one for the voltage, NetDuma_Fraser or NetDuma_Jack will be along shortly and help you get it sorted out.  This company is very geared towards a small community with daily support on this forum.

The Netduma HQ is in the UK, where it is currently about 15 minutes to 6:00PM - so I suspect it may be a couple of hours before anyone stops in for the nightly check, but rest assured this will be addressed.

In the meantime, so we know that we are all talking about the same things, would you mind posting a cell picture of the cable you have and the wall outlet in question?  You can use a service like www.IMGUR.com to host the image and upload to this thread.

Then we can make sure and get you the right help the first time.

Regards,

JD

Hi Angryuser - Sorry to hear that you are angry before getting to see the performance.

If the power adapter is indeed the wrong one for the voltage, NetDuma_Fraser or NetDuma_Jack will be along shortly and help you get it sorted out.  This company is very geared towards a small community with daily support on this forum.

The Netduma HQ is in the UK, where it is currently about 15 minutes to 6:00PM - so I suspect it may be a couple of hours before anyone stops in for the nightly check, but rest assured this will be addressed.

In the meantime, so we know that we are all talking about the same things, would you mind posting a cell picture of the cable you have and the wall outlet in question?  You can use a service like www.IMGUR.com to host the image and upload to this thread.

Then we can make sure and get you the right help the first time.

Regards,

JD

___________________ why is my text greyed out, why is it in a quote!?  :huh:  :o

Thank you so much and very nice to hear that you're willing to help me out even tho I didn't buy directly from netduma.com.

My family is busy using our Internet so I can't take picture where you are supposed to stick this in: http://imgur.com/a/rr7Sf but don't worry I will post a picture ASAP.

And that, my friends, is too huge. It doesn't fit into the mains outlet. And we have only one. According to quick start guide, "Both your ISP hub and yourNetduma router should now be switched on", so I need two mains outlet!? But we only have one!? This can't be true. This can't be. Then it is all on me, expect the fact the thingy in the pic is too huge.

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum! Our Amazon.co.uk shop is only for people purchasing in the UK; so those Netdumas are always packed with UK plugs. Not to worry too much though! If you email [email protected] with your address and what's happened we'll send you out an EU power adapter.

Okay hello I am back.

Here is multiple pictures. Let me guide you through and give you an explanation of each picture.

Comparison between our modem ADSL cable or whatever is and the one with Netduma - http://imgur.com/RVhAkZt

This is the wall where we have hooked our ADSL modem in. http://imgur.com/a/QcZRY

See the one with 3 dots, it is SOOO tiny.

No!!! It doesn't fit anywhere. Dear god! http://i.imgur.com/WynxDZI.jpg

You have been supplied with a UK Power Supply, you need a power supply that fits your country, you can just buy an adapter "UK to Finland" adapter just google it, then you will know what to do next

Hey, welcome to the forum! Our Amazon.co.uk shop is only for people purchasing in the UK; so those Netdumas are always packed with UK plugs. Not to worry too much though! If you email [email protected] with your address and what's happened we'll send you out an EU power adapter.

Hello and thank you. Why is that so? I spesifically asked from amazon support and they said it will come! Should've known they don't know anything about anything, but I don't blame them.

Can you take a look at my pictures on my message below? If you can confirm its wrong plug or what.

i havent belly laughed this much in ages. classic.

Why? How could've I known amazon doesn't do their job :(

You have been supplied with a UK Power Supply, you need a power supply that fits your country, you can just buy an adapter "UK to Finland" adapter just google it, then you will know what to do next

Thats the keyword! I can get one for 8 euros. Definitely going to get one tomorrow, waiting to get one from Netduma is definitely slower than 1 day :P Besides it is friday tomorrow.

• Netduma Staff

You've been given a plug for the United Kingdom. If you contacted Amazon about the matter, they should have told you that companies selling on Amazon.co.uk will only ship with United Kingdom plugs. If you email [email protected], we will give you the correct plug.

Alternately you can buy an EU adapter.

It you were sent the wrong adapter, trust me Netduma will make it right,there customer service is second to none.

Just shoot them an email as directed above by Jack and they will take care of you.

You've been given a plug for the United Kingdom. If you contacted Amazon about the matter, they should have told you that companies selling on Amazon.co.uk will only ship with United Kingdom plugs. If you email [email protected], we will give you the correct plug.

Alternately you can buy an EU adapter.

Okay, thats nice to know. I chatted on Amazon co uk support about an hour ago. They only offered a refund, nothing else. They never mentioned they will only ship UK plugs.

I'm going to check tomorrow my local shops for one. If I can't find one, I'll email. If you shipped me with one, it would take atleast a week, eh? :P

I paid 180 euros for my Netduma incl. shipping when I ordered from amazon.co.uk. Then you sell one for incl. shipping 208 euros. (I swear god I did never see € prices anywhere, only 250 USD which is like 240 euros) I should have ordered straight from this website. Tomorrow I'll have to drive a car for like 60km and that equals to 6 euros and then the adapter 8 euros and voilá, I've spent as much money as I have if I purchased directly from you. Damn. And twice as much hassle.

• Netduma Staff

We're sorry you've had this experience; we don't currently have an EU Amazon site, so all of our EU buyers purchase on our main website which caters to all countries worldwide. As I say, we'll send you one if you can't find one in a store; all you need to do is drop us an email :)

Archived