are there new destiny settings ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraser, What exactly does the cloud do and when you make updates what are you doing to it?  With auto turned off and these settings entered 27 25 27 what is the difference???

• Administrators

Fraser, What exactly does the cloud do and when you make updates what are you doing to it?  With auto turned off and these settings entered 27 25 27 what is the difference???

The cloud encompasses all the different servers needed in order to successfully Geo-filter. There are whitelisted servers - these are servers that have to be allowed no matter what e.g. Xbox Live/Playstation network. There are dedicated servers - these are servers that do not always need to be allowed and as such can be filtered. Incorrect locations - Servers and even players have to appear on the map somewhere, they all have a specific location and in order to be represented in the correct position we need to tell the Geo-filter where this is. There can be mislocated servers/players. In which case that cloud will update the location to the correct one.

When I am making updates to a cloud, I am either adding/removing servers or correcting incorrect locations. 

Auto & bleeding edge cloud are cloud versions we have deemed to be stable. When I ask you to select manual cloud numbers this means that it has not been fully tested and just has changes made for the specific game in question (Destiny in this case). Thats why I don't make it part of the auto & bleeding edge cloud as it could cause issues for other people on other games. 

Hope that answers your questions!

P.S I have now updated my post to say to use 28, 26, 28 instead.

More padlock hosts collected in the last 2 days:

Ireland:     ID: 2e3629f4d3cd4348    Distance: 1139km  
Japan:       ID: c73612ddd366575c    Distance: 9628km    
Indonesia:   ID: 1534f7c2d1b4454a    Distance: 10411km   
Australia 1: ID: c7369c67d3664a4f    Distance: 16620km  
Australia 2: ID: be367e49d35d4a4f    Distance: 16620km

Edit: damn it wrong thread I wanted to post in "new destiny server?" one.

I am just going to leave cloud in auto and bleeding edge ticked.  A lot of times I am playing a different game at the same time than my son is who plays Destiny PVP exclusively. I don't want to have connection issues with the games I am playing. If he gets booted he gets booted. I am hoping the Destiny booting gets fixed as optimizing a router to play one game exclusively is not ideal in my household.  Anyway thanks for the info!

• Administrators

More padlock hosts collected in the last 2 days:

Ireland:     ID: 2e3629f4d3cd4348    Distance: 1139km  

Japan:       ID: c73612ddd366575c    Distance: 9628km    

Indonesia:   ID: 1534f7c2d1b4454a    Distance: 10411km   

Australia 1: ID: c7369c67d3664a4f    Distance: 16620km  

Australia 2: ID: be367e49d35d4a4f    Distance: 16620km

Edit: damn it wrong thread I wanted to post in "new destiny server?" one.

Fantastic, thanks a lot! Will add these as soon as I can.

• Administrators

I have made some updates to the cloud. Please see if you now get booted - with strict mode off. If you don't get booted please let me know how the games are.

Instructions:

• Untick bleeding edge cloud then auto.
  • Choose the following numbers 29, 27, 28
  • Apply

Keep in mind it may take up to 4 hours to propagate.

• Administrators

I manually pushed all the padlock hosts that I found into the green/Allow (so I don't have to wait for cloud updates).  It would seem I got them all as I haven't been kicked from the game in a few days now.

You shouldn't be able to do that but if it works thats great!

Well the netduma has been shelved in my house for now. Even with my asus set up as an AP, 5g wifi is still slow and getting complaints from the family. Also i think lag was worse in the crucible. And finally since my test subject, err i mean my son won't be playing Xbox again until Christmas break.

So my plan is to let him play a few days using the Asus as the main router then I'll reconnect the netduma and see what happens.

And finally since my test subject, err i mean my son won't be playing Xbox again until Christmas break.

he isnt the messiah he is a very naughty boy ha ha ha 

sorry couldnt ressist that 

there has been a destiny crucible update today , this is from there forum/tweet

We’ve made a change to the Matchmaking system in an effort to increase match quality. Our specific goal is to reduce the number of matches that begin before they fill up with players. To achieve this, we are expanding the available skill-range for other players earlier and more aggressively. We will also be looking for lower-latency matches for longer than before. Essentially, this puts a stronger bias on connection quality, with less emphasis on skill matching. This may result in slightly longer matchmaking times in some cases. For some of you, this could mean that you’ll be matched with opponents well outside of your skill range. We hope the tradeoff is worth it to improve the Crucible ecosystem in general.
As always, our work in designing a Crucible experience that serves all players is never finished. Be sure to let us know what you experience out there. Our forum, just like our game, is a constant source of great feedback.

and on the 13th (tuesday)

there is another destiny update out.

this may explain the padlocks we have seen pop up in the last week or so

• Administrators

And finally since my test subject, err i mean my son won't be playing Xbox again until Christmas break.

We’ve made a change to the Matchmaking system in an effort to increase match quality. Our specific goal is to reduce the number of matches that begin before they fill up with players. To achieve this, we are expanding the available skill-range for other players earlier and more aggressively. We will also be looking for lower-latency matches for longer than before. Essentially, this puts a stronger bias on connection quality, with less emphasis on skill matching. This may result in slightly longer matchmaking times in some cases. For some of you, this could mean that you’ll be matched with opponents well outside of your skill range. We hope the tradeoff is worth it to improve the Crucible ecosystem in general.
As always, our work in designing a Crucible experience that serves all players is never finished. Be sure to let us know what you experience out there. Our forum, just like our game, is a constant source of great feedback.

Interesting, I'm wondering if the booting was preparations for this or if it was a side effect of moving over to the changes. Auto&bleeding edge cloud may work, I will have to try this. 

Is this going to be a normal thing, having to disable auto and edge cloud settings, manually tracking whitelist, game server, and map values based on a forum post?

No it's just when issues like this arrive it is much safer to not push it to everyone so by doing it manually we can test it.

Sorry to hear that but do let us know how you get on. Happy to do a 1 on 1 with you. Just post in the 1 on 1 section.

Okay will do but it will be a couple of weeks before I can really test it out again.  Thanks!

Curious if Netduma will be using a faster more powerful router next year with the new OS?

Yeah lol.  Hmm if Bungie really makes the match making more connection based then skill.  I would think this change would make the Netduma even less needed for the crucible.

theres still red bars in the ib and tbh id say that the r1 is of even more use now as its there to try and help your connection

How so?  If the game itself is match making by best connection, then how would the R1 help?  That whats the R1 was made for, to give you the best connection. So if the game devs are doing that for you, why would you need an R1?  If it were the other way around where the game just used any thing to match make, then the R1 would help.

I'm getting beaver now, quite alot.

Lucky you! haha could not resist. lulz!

Archived