cod ultimate

tellto

so this is my setup. DOWNSTAIRS- Modem>Repeater    UPSTAIRS- Repeater>Duma>PS4. I play on cod ultimate profile but i feel like the hit detection is only good once in a while. One game the hi detection is great the next it isnt. My ping is stable 20 ms when i ping the host on the duma, but on the cod connection graph it goes from 17-33-42-17 etc. how can i make the hit detection better. i have my ps4 in hyperlane also, i have att uverse fiber.

I play on PS4 & XB1...getting the same thing. Lots of ping spikes lately. People on Activision forum and reddit report the same thing. The speculation is that it's because the player pool has shrank with less people have all the DLC and people ready to move on to infinite warfare

so this is my setup. DOWNSTAIRS- Modem>Repeater    UPSTAIRS- Repeater>Duma>PS4. I play on cod ultimate profile but i feel like the hit detection is only good once in a while. One game the hi detection is great the next it isnt. My ping is stable 20 ms when i ping the host on the duma, but on the cod connection graph it goes from 17-33-42-17 etc. how can i make the hit detection better. i have my ps4 in hyperlane also, i have att uverse fiber.

Are these wireless repeaters? or is there a cable? If wireless then you won't be able to rely on them to provide a stable connection throughout a gaming session.

I wouldn't pay attention to the in-game graph at all, it's not reliable at all - it's all over the place really.

I play on PS4 & XB1...getting the same thing. Lots of ping spikes lately. People on Activision forum and reddit report the same thing. The speculation is that it's because the player pool has shrank with less people have all the DLC and people ready to move on to infinite warfare

The player pool is very small now compared to at launch.

Some people have stopped playing completely, some have drifted away and play less frequently, the DLC has also split the player-base, new games have snaffled other players away.

And some people aren't playing because they're trying to get as much work done as possible so that they can hit IW + MW Remastered really hard on launch week.

You shouldn't really get spikes because of a lack of players, your connection to the dedi should remain as it was before (although there could well be fewers dedis available now).

You might get laggy players in the lobby though, as the game scrapes the bottom of the barrel to fill it up.

Are these wireless repeaters? or is there a cable? If wireless then you won't be able to rely on them to provide a stable connection throughout a gaming session.

I wouldn't pay attention to the in-game graph at all, it's not reliable at all - it's all over the place really.

The player pool is very small now compared to at launch.

Some people have stopped playing completely, some have drifted away and play less frequently, the DLC has also split the player-base, new games have snaffled other players away.

And some people aren't playing because they're trying to get as much work done as possible so that they can hit IW + MW Remastered really hard on launch week.

You shouldn't really get spikes because of a lack of players, your connection to the dedi should remain as it was before (although there could well be fewers dedis available now).

You might get laggy players in the lobby though, as the game scrapes the bottom of the barrel to fill it up.

downstairs my modem is connected to my repeater through LAN. upstairs, my repeater is connected to my duma through LAN as well.

downstairs my modem is connected to my repeater through LAN. upstairs, my repeater is connected to my duma through LAN as well.

But if your repeater downstairs connects to your repeater upstairs wirelessly...

• Administrators

20ms is a fantastic ping so shouldn't be having any issues. By repeater are you referring to power line adapters? I wouldn't pay much attention to the in game ping as said above. The packet loss graph will never move - we know because we tested by introducing packet loss and it stayed at a flat 0 so it's not too accurate.

20ms is a fantastic ping so shouldn't be having any issues. By repeater are you referring to power line adapters? I wouldn't pay much attention to the in game ping as said above. The packet loss graph will never move - we know because we tested by introducing packet loss and it stayed at a flat 0 so it's not too accurate.

yes im referring to power line adapters. even though they connected wirelessly to each other, my ping on the duma is great to the host, but the connection is still iffy. im always son a 4 bar, but hit detection is a bit weird sometimes.

• Administrators

If they're power line adapters they will be connecting to each other through the electrical wiring in your home. Whilst not ideal it's definitely better than wireless. I think that will be the server you are connecting to given how good your ping is. Would recommend temp banning and searching again or moving your location to find another server.

If they're power line adapters they will be connecting to each other through the electrical wiring in your home. Whilst not ideal it's definitely better than wireless. I think that will be the server you are connecting to given how good your ping is. Would recommend temp banning and searching again or moving your location to find another server.

thanks so much fraser ill try that

i tried that but it didnt work. now when i play on cod ultimate the hit detection is terrible and i dont know why:/

so i took off cod ultimate profile and i set my location on my home and it seems to be working alot better like im having more games with better hit detection now but i still have some bad hit detection games.

Archived