FTP problems

I'm having problems uploading via my FTP client (Filezilla) while connected through the Duma.

I can connect to the server and I can download no problem but when I try to upload it appears to attempt to make a new connection after every individual file successfully uploads, it quickly maxes out the number of connections and then fails and refuses to go any further.

A few files at a time is obviously not feasible when there are 10,000+ files to deal with.

It all works fine through my ISP hub.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Not sure what settings you need to know about because I don't know which settings would affect this.

I'm having problems uploading via my FTP client (Filezilla) while connected through the Duma.

I can connect to the server and I can download no problem but when I try to upload it appears to attempt to make a new connection after every individual file successfully uploads, it quickly maxes out the number of connections and then fails and refuses to go any further.

A few files at a time is obviously not feasible when there are 10,000+ files to deal with.

It all works fine through my ISP hub.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Not sure what settings you need to know about because I don't know which settings would affect this.

Change the setting in your ftp client for that... I like flashfxp or filezilla

Filezilla.

But it's not a problem with Filezilla, it only becomes a problem when going through the Netduma.

1. Open FileZilla.
  2. Access the Site Manager.

limit-ftp-connections-1.png

3. Click your site, then select the Transfer Settings tab.

limit-ftp-connections-2.png

4. Check the box for Limit number of simultaneous connections, and set the Maximum number of connections to 1.

limit-ftp-connections-3.png

5. Click the OK button. Now when you are using FileZilla, it will not allow you to go over your limitation of 1 simultaneous FTP connections.

I set it to 10 earlier this evening, it stopped uploading after the 2nd or 3rd file and gave the error '530 Sorry, the maximum number of connections for your host are already connected'.

Change it to 1, not 8

It did the same thing on 1 as it did on 10 unfortunately.

It timed-out after a couple of files, disconnected, repeated, then hit the limit again.

There must be something to do with the Duma that is causing it to connect multiple times that the server doesn't like.

I've literally never had this error in years of using Filezilla.

Running the Filezilla config/test in preferences/settings flagged up an issue, think it was a 'filezilla failed to create listen socket'.

No idea what that means.

Eventually after lots of fiddling I got the config/test to run successfully, went back to try my upload again and the same thing happened again.

I set it to 10 earlier this evening, it stopped uploading after the 2nd or 3rd file and gave the error '530 Sorry, the maximum number of connections for your host are already connected'.

yeah 1 should work... I've had this happen to me before with free hosts, they limit you to 2 connections and the files are uploading so fast that it blocks you from more connections. Setting it to 1 might be a little slower, but it should work. Could also talk to your host about increase the number of active connections.

It did the same thing on 1 as it did on 10 unfortunately.

It timed-out after a couple of files, disconnected, repeated, then hit the limit again.

There must be something to do with the Duma that is causing it to connect multiple times that the server doesn't like.

I've literally never had this error in years of using Filezilla.

Running the Filezilla config/test in preferences/settings flagged up an issue, think it was a 'filezilla failed to create listen socket'.

No idea what that means.

Eventually after lots of fiddling I got the config/test to run successfully, went back to try my upload again and the same thing happened again.

Weird... I just uploaded 100 files without a problem

yeah 1 should work... I've had this happen to me before with free hosts, they limit you to 2 connections and the files are uploading so fast that it blocks you from more connections. Setting it to 1 might be a little slower, but it should work. Could also talk to your host about increase the number of active connections.

I tried 1 yesterday and it still didn't like it, that was what I thought would be the likely resolution.

Completely turn off congestion control and ensure turbo mode isn't selected. Does this resolve your issue?

Congestion was at 100/100 and I don't use turbo because I unfortunately have poverty speeds.

Bizarrely it's working fine today, without changing anything at all since yesterday.

I've no idea what's going on with it. Unless the admin changed something on the server without telling me.

Either way, I've just uploaded 4 batches of 10 files without a single stutter so case closed I suppose.

edit - Thanks for the suggestions though.

Archived